Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I removed my modified VS1400 drive the other day and came back to it to do some work today. There was fluid on the floor that had come out of the underside. Is this actually drive fluid or just water coming out? Cheers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok is it worth changing any other seals as well?
I think the part number for this is 09289-70002.

·
Registered
19,495 Posts
There is a front oil seal as well which should also be replaced. While you have it apart, be sure to lubricate the splines of the drive, where it goes into the differential housing. That is a common point of failure on these bikes.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Looking at the inside of your wheel, I see another possibility, and that's that someone had the tire off for whatever reason, and completely over lubricated the daylights out of the wheel gear or whateverthehell it's called.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had it 10 years mate and when the tyre was last replaced it wasn't like this. There's definetly something something coming out from the drive.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a front oil seal as well which should also be replaced. While you have it apart, be sure to lubricate the splines of the drive, where it goes into the differential housing. That is a common point of failure on these bikes.
The reason for having it off was to grease everything up mate. I'll have a look at the other seal. I did them when I did the drive mod but can't remember which ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts