Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just clicked 'Donations' in the index header for the first time. Did you know it costs MocycleWolf $200 a month for this site? I didn't.
Well, since I've never been a moocher and take pride in carrying my own weight, (are you feeling guilty yet?) I sent 'em a little a something.
If you got $5 or $10 languishing in your paypal account, and you are so inclined, put it to work for the whole gang. Click on Donations and follow the que's. It's easy squeezy. Credit cards accepted too.

Get 'er Done

I PROMISE I WON'T ANNOY YOU WITH THIS AGAIN FOR A LONG TIME. Thanks...Windburn Bill
:wink: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
MacDev Militia said:
And if people stop posting 4 pictures of one sidecover when each picture is about 1GB in weight traffic goes down even more.
those pics are hosted off-site (photobucket, imageshack, flickr) and have no impact whatsoever on bandwidth or traffic of this site.

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
mistressk said:
MacDev Militia said:
And if people stop posting 4 pictures of one sidecover when each picture is about 1GB in weight traffic goes down even more.
those pics are hosted off-site (photobucket, imageshack, flickr) and have no impact whatsoever on bandwidth or traffic of this site.

cheers!

-mistress k
In this case I don't know why this site cost $200 a month.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
MacDev Militia said:
If its really $200 a month than he need to seek help of GODADDY. Their Premium plan is only $13 a month with 3000 GB transfer.

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/shared.asp?ci=9009

http://www.commentbuddy.com/comments/STFU/fourwords.jpg
http://www.w3bdevil.com/forums/BooHoo-Cry_baby.jpg

edited by mistress k - those last 2 pics are a little strong for general discussion

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Yep I let people like that to take over donation business. Seems like they use all forum features to its limits.

And ofcourse mods need a nuclear explosion to issue a warning for such a "friendly family" posts.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
"cough cough" done

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
MacDev Militia said:
Yep I let people like that to take over donation business. Seems like they use all forum features to its limits.

And ofcourse mods need a nuclear explosion to issue a warning for such a "friendly family" posts.
but crying in everthread is ok?

rangers suck :!:

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
rangers suck :!:
Not taking sides...planning on donating in a bit....but that was so random (yes, I know why you made the comment) it was funny!

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
MacDev Militia said:
In this case I don't know why this site cost $200 a month.
all you need to know is that it was mcw's decision to go with that provider, and that while donations are welcome, you haven't seen him complaining about the cost. what i have seen is a lot of people happy with the speed.

MacDev Militia said:
i guess you can see everyone's PM boxes then?

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Yeah I do understand it is his hobby and his decision. I also understand that he does it this way becuase he can afford it to begin with. Ofcourse he is not complaining!

I merely offered cheaper way to host this forum. The way where donation would not be necessery.

P.S. Why PM you or anyone else if you can see what is going on. If its stay the way it is than it is message to me that stuff like this is tolerated here. I got it already. And care less.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
he didn't start anything. But every donation should have a good cause.

I mean on this forum there are enough people who got hard time paying their bills due to health problems or accidents. I mean why not donate to these people? People who is in REAL need!!!!!!

Ok you donate $100 here. It is 15 days payment for forum. But same $100 can be someones 15 days of food.

I am not knocking down administration effort here but as I said it is somebodies hobby and it is being done because it is affordable to adminsitration.

So please spare a moment and think who is in real need for your donation. And if you can't find anyone who is in real need than by all mean support other people's hobby.

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
wtf difference does it make if people donate or not? after the fall of the VOL, this site was created and it lasted a very long time w/o people donating. its not a manditory thing. if you dont want to, dont. move on. stop b!tching about it. let those that want to donate, donate.

·
Administrator
29,696 Posts
1. This site is a lot of people's hobby and as soon as I figure out the password to once every two year used paypal account I will donate monthly.

2. Many people donate money to charity AND pay for their hobby. I enjoy making donations to charities AND paying my own way at the table. Many others do, too. Its a choice but its a bit rude to complain while benefitting from someone else's generosity.

3. Technology infrastructure ain't free; I can't even believe there's a debate about this. This guy gives of himself for our benefit and then someone dissents.

4. There are many worthy causes; anyone's who's been around knows we have several funds for folks who need, as well as a fund (now) to support the site. Many of the fine folks on this site donate freely and if there's money left over to pass the hat for the site I think its a fabulous idea.

5. How people find a way to argue about this is beyond me. Many of us are free thinkers, by the by, some even donate thousands of dollars to feed the hungry, cure the sick, and generally combat the ils of the world. Adding to a kitty for the beer you drink is just plain good manners.

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
further, i have seen lots of action being taken in the past for our fellow brothers and sisters. most recently the "ride for dean".

·
Banned
19,530 Posts
Mr. Efficiency said:
1. This site is a lot of people's hobby and as soon as I figure out the password to once every two year used paypal account I will donate monthly.

2. Many people donate money to charity AND pay for their hobby. I enjoy making donations to charities AND paying my own way at the table. Many others do, too. Its a choice but its a bit rude to complain while benefitting from someone else's generosity.

3. Technology infrastructure ain't free; I can't even believe there's a debate about this. This guy gives of himself for our benefit and then someone dissents.

4. There are many worthy causes; anyone's who's been around knows we have several funds for folks who need, as well as a fund (now) to support the site. Many of the fine folks on this site donate freely and if there's money left over to pass the hat for the site I think its a fabulous idea.

5. How people find a way to argue about this is beyond me. Many of us are free thinkers, by the by, some even donate thousands of dollars to feed the hungry, cure the sick, and generally combat the ils of the world. Adding to a kitty for the beer you drink is just plain good manners.
thank you mr e. i think this is the first time i have ever agreed on every point. :applause:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts