Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the new AF uniform. Part of that new uniform is suede boots. They're kinda sorta grayish green. The black, rubber toe shifter is starting to leave a black mark on the boot.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
even the kuryakn will do that...

??? wait.. you have the heel toe shifter... so what is leaving marks and where?

this is the kuryakn cover I had on my regular shifter.. NOW I have heal toe and this isnt on my bike anymore....

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried using that heal shift but can't get used to it. I use the toe shifter all the time.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Air4ceOne said:
I've tried using that heal shift but can't get used to it. I use the toe shifter all the time.
That kury one in the pic will fit.. it is a b!tch to install (no directions) you have to shave the preferated rubber down and this will tightly fit over it, then tighten it down with a hidden hex screw.. it will be better then the stock..

you might cover it with a reveresed tight piece of leather sew a tube shaped leather and put the suede side on the outside so you still get some grip.. I think I have some leather pieces at home OR you can go to a leather store (that sells chaps) and ask for some scrap leather.. and make one... either sew it or glue it as a sleeve around the shifer

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aVOL2 said:
you might cover it with a reveresed tight piece of leather sew a tube shaped leather and put the suede side on the outside so you still get some grip.. I think I have some leather pieces at home OR you can go to a leather store (that sells chaps) and ask for some scrap leather.. and make one... either sew it or glue it as a sleeve around the shifer
Now there's an idea! Might have to try that when I get home this weekend.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts

·
Registered
5,202 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
+1 on using the heel. Even the cops use them that have them.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Boxwrench said:
Yep, I tried it about the 2nd week I had the bike and have never gone back to the toe shifter.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Air4ceOne said:
aVOL2 said:
Now there's an idea! Might have to try that when I get home this weekend.
:wayhappy:

if this cheap way doesnt work you can then go ^^ route a buy a condom for your boot :) heh heh :))

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Boxwrench said:
I added the heel toe shifter about 2 yrs into riding.. took me a bit to get it down, but I love it now...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
My suggestions...

1st - Learn to use the heel shifter. It takes a little adjustment, but it'll soon be second nature.

2nd - During the transition, you can purchase one of those neoprene shifter boots (it goes over the shifter lever) from your local Cycle Gear store. I used one on my Gixxer when I used to ride in for Reserve Drill.

3rd - Purchase online on Ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/METR...Protector_W0QQitemZ170210070610QQcmdZViewItem
Kinda' a funky item, but it may meet your needs.

Hope this helps.

Ken

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Actually you can just pull the existing cover off the peg. A little soapy water and small screw driver inserted and pop it off. Black electrical tape gives you almost exactly 3 spools to build up on the peg to the right thickness (which can't be measured according to Woodwelder). A little crazy glue at the end and slide it on quick. Or use hocket tape for the final few wraps and it's sticky enough on it's own. I'm Canadian eh!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just wrap some duct tape around the rubber once or twice. And if it gets dirty, do another wrap . . . duct tape fixes all.

Alexi

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
sfalexi said:
Just wrap some duct tape around the rubber once or twice. And if it gets dirty, do another wrap . . . duct tape fixes all.

Alexi
You've got it backwards! Wrap a ton of duct tape around the peg and then when it gets dirty you just reach down and peel a layer off!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Biker Principal said:
sfalexi said:

Alexi
You've got it backwards! Wrap a ton of duct tape around the peg and then when it gets dirty you just reach down and peel a layer off!
For that matter, wrap it upside down. So it becomes a foot "lint roller", taking dirt OFF your boots and leavint them cleaner every time you ride.

Alexi

1 - 20 of 24 Posts