Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the bad ass look of this one and was wondering if anyone here owns one? I am going to get a bigger bike than my Stella (C50T) and I am doing a lot of looking. I will NEVER sell my Stella but I would like to upgrade to one that can stretch it's legs a little better.

This one is the one I saw that made me really want to look into these;

Suzuki Boulevard M109R Low Miles | eBay

·
Registered
671 Posts
In my research I have encountered a few common themes.

Really big, creates a slight clamshell riding position. Bar change?
Slightly harsh rear shock.
Good handling.
Abrupt on/off throttle response.
Smooth.
POWER!
No idea what fuel range is but it should be decent.
Not great for taller passengers, high foot pegs.

I'm leaning towards another Vulcan 2000 but this bike looks interesting.

I like the bad ass look of this one and was wondering if anyone here owns one? I am going to get a bigger bike than my Stella (C50T) and I am doing a lot of looking. I will NEVER sell my Stella but I would like to upgrade to one that can stretch it's legs a little better.

This one is the one I saw that made me really want to look into these;

Suzuki Boulevard M109R Low Miles | eBay

·
Super Moderator
33,464 Posts
I don't care for the riding position on them, but they do look awesome and have lots of power. If you like the look of that one and have a slightly bigger budget, you should check out the 109 BOSS. I don't care much for the 50 and 90 BOSSes, but the 109 looks epic blacked out with that yellow racing stripe.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Vulcan 2000 is in the top of the running right now. I am just checking into every bike that appeals to me. A guy near me has the 2000 Vulcan and loves it and I have to say I love the look so right now it is on top of the pile. Thanks for the info on the 109. I felt a bit odd on it when I sat on one a while back at the dealer. It just looks so bad ass I wanted to ask around.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The Vulcan 2000 is in the top of the running right now. I am just checking into every bike that appeals to me. A guy near me has the 2000 Vulcan and loves it and I have to say I love the look so right now it is on top of the pile. Thanks for the info on the 109. I felt a bit odd on it when I sat on one a while back at the dealer. It just looks so bad ass I wanted to ask around.
I owned a 2000 and am seriously considering another one.

Great power, great handling with a low CG, comfortable (seat blows), excellent mileage and fuel range, great brakes, and excellent stock exhaust sound. Floorboards are large to move your feet around. I really liked it and was stupid to sell it. Oh yeah, great wheelies with even a light passenger. :shades:

The rear shock is the weak link, quite jarring over sharp bumps with my 180 lbs, possibly better with more weight.

That big headlight nacelle deflects a LOT of wind over you. And the switchblade deflector shield looks great on the V2K.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL! Beezer....I am not all that impressed with HD. I love the way they look and sound but I have ridden many of them over the years and I am not sold on the price V/S value. I love the little c50 and don't plan to ever sell it but I am looking to get a bigger bike for longer trips. My daughter lives about 7 hrs from me and I want to buy one that I can dress up for travel and I want something I really like riding. I love blasting around in little shirt trips on my c50 but it's not the long haul bike I would want to take to visit my daughter.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I've got a 2008 C109R. The only mod I did was a lightbar and Mustang seat. I ran it on ebay last week, lotta looks, no hits. In 50 years of riding it's the best cruiser I have ridden. Hard to describe the power, you have to ride one. Last trip I took with it was to Prince Edward Island in July. 2300 miles round trip and averaged 44+ miles per gallon. The problem is I'm getting old and the bike weighs a ton. Backing up on gravel parking lot can be fun. You don't see many around.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the Victory makes a nice bike but it is right in the same bed with the HD as per $$$$$ and I am looking to only drop about $5000 or so...... so if I were to find a HD or a Victory in my price range I would be buying someone else's trouble most likely.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I love my bug eye vulcan 2000, kind of a modern mean look like the m109 but with a classic twist, they are cheap now and great bikes, go for it but plan on immediately buying a seat, lol

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I glanced at one the last time I went to buy parts at the stealership.
I believe mileage was half of the C50.
That power has to come from somewhere.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah...that is the only one I want! the "bug eyed" one. I LOVE that big chrome headlight shroud! I HAVE to have that on mine if I buy one. I have seen several for around my price but I am kind of waiting until I get completely done modifying my c50. I still have the batwing and the DJ drive to go and then she's done.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hard to describe the power, you have to ride one.
very true statement!!

I've had the opportunity to ride both an M109R and a C109RT. both great bikes, similar power delivery. I think the unique power comes from the fact that they have such long legs and a wide powerband. I've ridden a lot of different bikes and I can say without hesitation that a Suzuki 109 is like nothing else I've ever ridden.. when the time comes one day, I'm going to skip right past the 90 and straight to a 109... can't wait for that day!!

·
Super Moderator
33,464 Posts
I really like the C109, but they're really hard to find. Suzuki doesn't even list them on their US website. The M's look cool, but I don't think my back and shoulders would survive that rider position.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The C's are a completely different ride. You sit in a comfortable upright position. I've done over 700 miles a day on it and can still ride the next day. The Mustang seat makes a big difference. Why can't they make a stock seat that's comfortable ?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had not even looked into the C model. I like it! I think it would be more the one for me if I were to buy another Suzuki. I think it would be really bad ass looking fitted with the dual headlight like the FatBob!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.