Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike is a 01 volusia VL800. Riding to work this morning she cut out at low speed all instruments died then she started back with a slight backfire. Only took a split second then ran fine the rest of the way. After work when I tried to leave I turn the key and nothing comes on, no lights, instruments nothing. Battery is fully charged anyone with any advice?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Key switch dead

·
Super Moderator
25,574 Posts
try the battery connections...could have come loose...vibrations...make sure they are really tight...start w/the simple things...good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, check battery connection everything good and tight. Checked positive to ground getting good reading. Checked fuses all good. Checked ignition switch according to manual reads as should. Open to any ideas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I turn the key I get absolutely nothing, no head/tail lights, instruments, display. Already took battery to parts place for load test it passed and it's a new battery purchased about two months ago.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
And of course there is always the kickstand switch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.