1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellows

My original post won't let me update anything anymore so starting another

Due to a lack of demand lately Ive started to just build these on-demand

My supplier has stocked back up on parts and I'm about to buy all he has so if anyone needs a drive let me know

best way to get ahold of me is email

[email protected]

$400 plus shipping

·
Registered
674 Posts
nOOb here.
What is the benefit from this mod ?
Will it benefit a 2006 boulevard 800 ?
It makes the bike a little more highway friendly and you can stay in first gear a little longer.
One of the best mods I have done to the bike other than having my seat modded.
It changes the character of it, feels like a bigger bike but of course it’s still an 800.
Some say you lose power on the low end and you have to feather the clutch more but I haven’t noticed any loss of power and I only have to feather the clutch a slight bit more.

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
Not like an extra gear per se. What it does is reduce the engine rotation in a given gear and allows you to stay in it longer. It does Rob you of some power, which was very noticeable riding I40 through the blue ridge mountains. I had to keep the bike in 4th gear to make some of the longer climbs. It makes the bike more liveable for day to day riding.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just wanted to pimp Corey here. Ordered a drive from him and got it quickly, had excellent service throughout, and communicated with me throughout the entire experience. I am very appreciative of all of the help and the drive is working great. First run with it was amazing, the difference is huge. Cannot recommend enough.

-Jordan

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Just wanted to pimp Corey here. Ordered a drive from him and got it quickly, had excellent service throughout, and communicated with me throughout the entire experience. I am very appreciative of all of the help and the drive is working great. First run with it was amazing, the difference is huge. Cannot recommend enough.

-Jordan
I will verify this is the best mod you can do to this bike.
It's easy to do, and there's a two foot deep stack of how to threads on this mod.
You'd have to try really hard to mess it up.

·
Administrator
16,360 Posts
What they said! Now if I could find a use for this original boat anchor drive!
They make great wall decorations for the man cave :)

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
You helped me get mine, Capt, back at the end of '08 as they were just getting popular. I was a novice rider (less then 6 months ) and did the mod myself never having ridden a bike much less changed out the gear drive. So glad it worked great because I'm sure I destroyed the warranty...lol . Previously I watched the thread as (I forget his name) worked on gear ratios and other things over my head , to come up with the idea. Those were good times. I still have a DJ Drive, only now it came standard on my C90 from the factory and 5th gear is rarely used... Haha. Now I help others and am still learning new stuff. Horray for the VR site and all the folks who helped me rise above my nerdiness and become the Bada$$ cyclist I am today.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ttt

I could sure use them driveshafts

sold 2 drives within a couple weeks trying to keep stock up

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Reactions: ronken10
1 - 20 of 30 Posts