Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Never seen one painted before, interesting.

C clip might be for holding the driveshaft in the drive housing behind the seal, post a picture so we can try to id it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never seen one painted before, interesting.

C clip might be for holding the driveshaft in the drive housing behind the seal, post a picture so we can try to id it.
well the seal is already in it?? Im going to ask the seller if he replaced the seal with a new one and its pretty well greased inside...

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
Yep - did you put the C-Clip in to hold the driveshaft in the housing???

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
Hmmm.....

Take a picture of the clip and post it.

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts

Yes - that's the drive shaft clip - extra????

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
Tomorrow you ride with a huge smile on your face.

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
Can't wait to see the bike when you get it done again and hear how this new drive works out. I am SERIOUSLY considering it for my c50.
Best mod you can do to your bike......hands down.

Reactions: Mark's c50t

·
Registered
800 Posts

·
Registered
23,543 Posts
The new drive gives you a whole new and improved ride. It takes a little time to get use to from a stop but it is worth it when you hit 5th gear and just want to cruise at hiway speeds.
Drops your rpms considerably.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I only bought my Stella a few moths ago and I have been busy making her my own with a few trinkets and mods and I have not ridden her on the interstate because I have not had the need to do so with all of the nice two lane roads here in WV but I am sure the first time I have to take her out on the long haul I will run right home and start saving for the drive mod! LOL! I have a good friend here local that had one like mine and he said he loved it but it needs another gear. I told him about this mod and he said "well heck, if I knew that I might still have mine!"

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
I liked it for around town as well - not having to shift out of first half way thru an intersection was a big plus. You'll love it - even if you never ride on highways.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I rode with my club from SE Alabama to NC in July. The week after I returned, I purchased a DJ. I felt like my bike was going to blow up on me the whole run. She held together just fine, but it was definitely unpleasant.
With the new drive, those speeds are just cruising RPMs.

·
Administrator
16,660 Posts
Updates??? How do you like it???

·
Registered
906 Posts
He's got a LONG way to go before he rides her. I am pretty sure he is completely repainting the entire bike while it's down so he will be a while before he gets to test it out. I am saving money right now to buy the upgrade! I can't wait to do this!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.