Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to highly recommend the drive that Motiv sells. I have just installed the drive on my 2012 C50T and all I can say is WOW! The bike is totally different!

Motiv is a great person to deal with and a stand up guy. The communication was great and the transaction was smooth. He provided tracking immediately and packaged the drive to withstand the shipment.

If you get a chance to get one of these drives I am sure you will be very very happy with the whole process.

This is a great forum and made better by guys like Motiv:applause:

Mike

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Mike, It was a pleasure to deal with you also. Thank you for the kind words.
Regards, Paul

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
It's nice to know that a few people are producing these modified drives so others can enjoy the wonderful difference that they make.

This from a very satisfied DJ drive owner. (Drive is on second bike and still going strong with aprx. 65K. mi.).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Motiv Drive Unit

I too highly recommend the drive that Motiv sells. I purchased mine April 2013 and now have over 3,000 miles trouble free with the unit. Best improvement I made to my C50T Thanks Dale

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I too highly recommend the drive that Motiv sells. I purchased mine April 2013 and now have over 3,000 miles trouble free with the unit. Best improvement I made to my C50T Thanks Dale
Thanks for the positive review!:wayhappy:
I just sold one today without advertising due to the recommendations in this thread. Word of mouth works I guess.
I am waiting on seals to assemble another.
Will post pics when complete. PM me if anyone wants it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the positive review!:wayhappy:
I just sold one today without advertising due to the recommendations in this thread. Word of mouth works I guess.
I am waiting on seals to assemble another.
Will post pics when complete. PM me if anyone wants it.
PM sent

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok I'm new so be kind. I own a vl 800. It is a 2002...but it seems to get high in the rpms around 70...plus the guys I ride with push around 75 to 80 on the highway...I don't want to screw up my bike riding over the limit...if I mod my drive, can I get some higher end torgue?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Not sure about higher end torque but you will definitely lower your RPMs by about 14 percent.

Probably the best mod out there for our bikes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I sent MOTIV a PM 12 hrs ago, and then followed up with a second identical PM since the first one didn't appear in my PM "Sent Messages" an hour later. Now, I just checked today and both my PM's still don't appear there.

Question, Do PM's only appear there after the recipient has already read them, or should they appear there immediately after being sent? I was on another forum once where they didn't appear there until they were read later on.

MOTIV, if you see this, please PM me if you didn't receive either of my PMs.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Ok I'm new so be kind. I own a vl 800. It is a 2002...but it seems to get high in the rpms around 70...plus the guys I ride with push around 75 to 80 on the highway...I don't want to screw up my bike riding over the limit...if I mod my drive, can I get some higher end torgue?
You will NOT hurt your engine running the higher RPMs, it is made to handle it, also you have a rev limiter built in but you will run out of horsepower before you hit the rev limiter in 5th gear.
The DJ conversion will make turning through intersections from a stop a first gear event and you will have a way more comfortable ride with less RPM. You loose a bit of speed on take off but you don't have to shift into second as quickly but you can still wind it out to 6.5K.
We don't have any problems riding 2 up with loaded bags, from a standstill or up hill. for more passing power just downshift. but it's still an 800cc bike.
Some have claimed better mileage and more speed, my mileage stayed at 48 avg. mpg have not tested the top speed but HP is HP.
Will your engine last 14% longer? that's debatable but with the conversion you will be 100% happier! :wayhappy:

·
Administrator
52,303 Posts
I sent MOTIV a PM 12 hrs ago, and then followed up with a second identical PM since the first one didn't appear in my PM "Sent Messages" an hour later. Now, I just checked today and both my PM's still don't appear there.

Question, Do PM's only appear there after the recipient has already read them, or should they appear there immediately after being sent? I was on another forum once where they didn't appear there until they were read later on.

Thanks,
Gary
Go into Your profile and check the box on the lower right which states, "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default", then scroll to the profile bottom and click save.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

Thanks,
Gary
Got it, the second one that is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts