Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I've had my ISO grips on for about three months now so I thought I would ask if anyone else has this problem. When I ride, my hands always end up black from the ISO grips... unless I'm wearing full gloves of course. :wink:

Is this typical for ISO grips? Is there anything to clean them with that will help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
I have had ISO grips since 2004. My hands still get dirty if I ride without gloves, my gray gloves are all dirty from those grips also. I think it is partly the soft rubber inserts and the grime from the air. I did notice that the flame ISO grip does not get the hands as dirty.

·
Premium Member
28,197 Posts
Biker Principal said:
Ok... I've had my ISO grips on for about three months now so I thought I would ask if anyone else has this problem. When I ride, my hands always end up black from the ISO grips... unless I'm wearing full gloves of course. :wink:

Is this typical for ISO grips? Is there anything to clean them with that will help?

Thanks!
interesting...I never wear gloves, and have no problems with my hand getting black from the ISO grips.

Maybe it's transfer from your gloves to the grips?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was watching a guy on youtube and he got black hands and called the company and they sent him a new pair. Maybe you should try that. Its not supposed to happen.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I contacted Kuryakyn and they said to try Windex on the grips. He said if that doesn't work they will be replaced under warranty since they are less than a year old. Cool! Now if I had some Windex!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
ride without gloves????

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
aVOL2 said:
ride without gloves????

:roll: mine have kevlar woven in them and been tested in a 30mph crash, realy. An Areostich employee lost contol wearing it them.

·
Banned
10,976 Posts
adambomb said:
I was watching a guy on youtube and he got black hands and called the company and they sent him a new pair. Maybe you should try that. Its not supposed to happen.
Yep, saw the same video!

·
Premium Member
23,762 Posts
My last set did. They started doing it after I wore some cheap leather gloves in the rain. The gloves left my hands black and the grips were never the same after that despite trying all manner of cleaning attempts. Put a new set on last year and they have been fine. I rarely wear gloves.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
rcsiki said:
What does ISO stand from?

Invest

Some more

Overtime money into the bike.

Actually..isolation, as in isolating handlebar vibration from your hands. They also allow some air flow between your hand and the grip which keeps them from sweating as much in hot weather. :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts