Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was practicing low speed manuveurs using friction zone. When engaged into first gear it died. Put in neutral, started fine, engaged clutch died again. Let cool off for about 20 mins, started and first engaged just fine. Seemed hot. What would cause this. When hot idled fine, but putting into gear causes to stall?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Check the kickstand. There is a switch that cuts the motor if the KS is down even slightly. Report back here when you find the solution.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Check the kickstand. There is a switch that cuts the motor if the KS is down even slightly. Report back here when you find the solution.
My spring is a little sprung I guess, and I have to push it all the way up sometimes or it cuts out on me.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
My spring is a little sprung I guess, and I have to push it all the way up sometimes or it cuts out on me.
Same here. I replaced both springs last summer. Motor was cutting out at highway speed. Took me a week or so to determine the issue. Everytime I coasted to a stop, leaned out the kickstand, it started right up. Pull out into traffic and then a few miles down the road, it would quit again. Dealer did not have them in stock so I matched up the springs at an auto parts store as brake shoe return springs.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If I'm reading your post correctly, it was after it "cooled" a bit, that you were able to put in first without stalling. Very possibly your kickstand might have been positioned up better but I would also check your radiator coolant. I believe Suzuki recommends changing it every 2 years. Yours could be old. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
666 Posts
+1 for the kickstand switch. Never had issues with mine before I sold it, but can totally understand how it would fail.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered kickstand springs, and was going to order kick stand switch. Can't find the **** switch anywhere except on ebay. When I look the fische nothing shows the kick stand switch. Where can I get new?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts