Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Administrator
16,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Excellent Mike

From what I've read, if you were going to have issues, they would have started already.

Knock on wood.

·
Administrator
6,079 Posts
From what I've read, if you were going to have issues, they would have started already.
Evening update: no fever, no headache, no chills. In fact, no issues at all other than a VERY sore arm where the shot went in, and that is no more than an annoyance. Apparently I am one of the lucky ones. Thanks for caring.

·
Administrator
16,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
How you doing Dennis? You had your second Moderna yesterday.

Feeling ok today?

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
on the whole ok...sore arm started last nite...took barb out for the day just to get her outside, started feeling lousy about an hour ago,,,pretty much like after the first shot, sorta like flu symtons... but doable...can't see myself passing on tommorrows golf outing unless it gets alot worse.Beautiful day out there...saw lots of mc's on the road. If all goes well tommorrow will try to sneak in an hours worth of saddle time before heading to east hartford. Suppose to be another 60 degree day.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Moderna second shot three days ago. Sore shoulder, general body aches and fatigue for most of the day after but fit as a fiddle by yesterday morning.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
decided to call it a night earlier than usual and was in bed before 9, got up this morning around 7 and feel normal, whatever normal in my world is...even the sore spot on the upper arm feels good...looks like the cover will be coming off the ride.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
good day today...got in an hours worth of riding time before heading to the links...no effects of the shot and now at a few minutes past 7 still feeling good so hopefully it did its thing and moved on.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
so 5 days after the shot and really had only 1day with any "side affect/discomfort".....

·
Administrator
16,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Going for my second Pfizer shot at 10:30 today.

·
Registered
11,916 Posts
Got my second shot on March 10th . Same as the first , just a little soreness in the upper arm -shoulder area . But like I said earlier my Flu shots feel the same way .

·
Administrator
16,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Tired and Thirsty within a couple of hours of getting it. Arm just started getting sore, similar to the first shot.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
hopefully tommorrow back to normal Jay.

·
Administrator
16,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Sore arm, (to be expected), low grade fever (99.2), but I feel fine this morning.

Reactions: DCinCT and BearBait

·
Administrator
16,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
So fever went away by the time I got to work, felt pretty good, fever was back by lunch time, up to 99.7, back to being tired again. Was able to stick it out for the full day.

Still....much better than catching Covid-19, expecting I'll wake up feeling fine tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
14,496 Posts
I had the Pfizer vaccine 3/16, other than sore arm no noticeable effects. I say noticeable because tree pollen is BAD down here and I am dealing with that (sore/scratchy throat, headaches, etc.)
I had Covid mid-December. and that convinced me to jump on the first appointment I was offered when it was my turn.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I receive my 2nd Phizer shot today at 530pm.....I dont understand something though....if someone has had covid, their bodies have already created the same antibodies which the vaccine tricks the bodies into making....The antibodies are no different....the best the vaccine would be a booster, but boosters should be received years after the initial antibodies are created (the levels-called titers-do go down)....that is why people who actually had chicken pox as a child should probably get the shingles vaccine (shingles is just basically kind of chicken pox in older people)...the shingles vaccine jump starts the body to create a higher titer of antibodies against chicken pox....seems the medical community is just making stuff up as they go...probably cause the covid is so new, they really havent done long term studies yet to determine how long the titer stays elevated and at what level the titers are needed to keep the virus at bay...

·
Premium Member
14,496 Posts
I receive my 2nd Phizer shot today at 530pm.....I dont understand something though....if someone has had covid, their bodies have already created the same antibodies which the vaccine tricks the bodies into making....The antibodies are no different....the best the vaccine would be a booster, but boosters should be received years after the initial antibodies are created (the levels-called titers-do go down)....that is why people who actually had chicken pox as a child should probably get the shingles vaccine (shingles is just basically kind of chicken pox in older people)...the shingles vaccine jump starts the body to create a higher titer of antibodies against chicken pox....seems the medical community is just making stuff up as they go...probably cause the covid is so new, they really havent done long term studies yet to determine how long the titer stays elevated and at what level the titers are needed to keep the virus at bay...
You are correct about the long term remember tracking has been going on for just over a year now. ..... There is still a lot of unknown. The basics of what I heard is that the vaccine get the anti-bodies to a level that is good for about 6 months (only decreases the likelihood you needing hospitalization). .If you have had the virus (like me) you will likely have the antibodies for about a year at that level. Either way multiple docs have told me to get the vaccine when it is my turn. I "think" the level of anti-bodies may vary based on your health and the severity of your case.

Reactions: Psyc0
41 - 60 of 81 Posts