Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Administrator
16,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, not looking to start debate in this thread of whether or not you agree with getting the vaccine or not....that would belong in Current Events

This is whether or not you got the vaccine yet, which one you got, and if you had any side effects.

I figure it would be helpful to others.

I'll start

Wife got the first dose of Moderna end of January, next day felt a little run down, but fine by end of day.

Second Moderna was this past Tuesday, she had body aches and low fever (99) on Wednesday, felt like she got hit by a truck. Was fine Thursday morning.

I got my first Pfizer vaccine on Monday the 22nd, felt like I was going to get a headache, but it never actually came on. Got the chills right before bed, woke up fine the next day.

My second Pfizer is on the 16th.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
11,916 Posts
I got the first dose of Moderna on the 10th of February . My second dose is scheduled for the 10th of March . I felt absolutely nothing other than a little discomfort in the upper arm a couple hours after the shot up there . But that feel was no different than my flu shot a couple months earlier. I highly recommend getting the vaccine to everyone so we knock out this virus and can get back to normal lives.

·
Super Moderator
9,213 Posts
I've had both doses of the Moderna vaccine, Jay.

My experience was nearly identical to Michelle's, although I spiked an even higher fever as my immune system's response to dose #2. Dose #1 made me achy & sore, and Tylenol was my friend. Dose #2 kicked my tail, with chills, fever, body aches, and (surprisingly) thirst, for about 24 hours. Then, poof! All done, and felt fine again, like flipping a switch.

Noticeable pain in the arm that received the injection was a theme, both doses. I asked to have the shots in the arm I'm less likely to sleep on, and that helped.

I've been telling friends & family to plan for at least 1 sick day, and maybe 2, after receiving dose #2 of Moderna. If you need it, then you're ready. If you don't need it, good for you!

Reactions: Capt Cruiser

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
moderna first shot...sore arm, and a few days after getting the shot felt like flu symtoms,,,on & off for a few days...2nd scheduled for march 1oth,

·
Registered
20,365 Posts
My SIL is a nurse and just got her second dose of Moderna. First shot, sore arm, a little fatigue but otherwise ok. Got her second shot this past Wednesday and has been in bed ever since. Severe fatigue, fever and chills.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
hopefully any reaction will go the other way...not surprised tho...wife set up my vaccine appt, preferred to have me get the Moderna version...can see why now...must be payback for something I did or plan on doing like leaving the state to go visit the kids again. I'll fix her tho...no matter how sick I get from the 2nd dose, I'll tell her I'm fine...funny how she got the Phizer dose and did well...think theres more to this story...she did ask me the other day if the suit I never wear has been dry cleaned lately in case I need it...hmmmmmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
20,365 Posts
I talked to my brother this morning. His wife felt better yesterday and is up and back to work today. She said it was like being clobbered after calling Mike Tyson a sissy and not having the strength to run away.

I found out that I am eligible, due to my asthma qualifying as a health condition. Having a devil of a time finding an appointment, though. Pa is a real mess.

·
Administrator
55,286 Posts
Down here, it doesn't matter your age, or medical condition.
Shots are metered out according to property value, ie, minimum property value must be $500,000.

·
Administrator
16,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In another site I frequent a similar story line is playing out. Most feel pretty crappy after the second Moderna shot.

A few feel crappy after the second Pfizer shot, but only for maybe 12 hours or so, and many have no side effects at all.

My opinion is that the crappier you feel after the second shot, the more your body is building up the required antibodies.

Will be interesting as some of us get our second shots this month and report back.

·
Administrator
16,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shots are metered out according to property value, ie, minimum property value must be $500,000.
That is just wrong on so many levels.

·
Administrator
55,286 Posts
That is just wrong on so many levels.

The top dogs claim otherwise, but that is exactly what they have been doing.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I am taking the George Carlin thought about the covid vaccine he said he swam in the east river as a child and he has a strong immune system from it, and I grew up swimming in the cuyahoga river (the one that caught on fire 1969)
so my immune system is well prepared for covid I dont wear a mask except when I go into a DRS/ office and then I lost my hearing aid while taking the mask off . when I question the girl scheduling my next appt. if anyone turned it in she said that it was hanging from the mask when I was scheduling DUH at 3 k I wish she would have said something and these are the ones we expect to carry on in america god help us!!!!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
My parents and wife got the first of two Moderna shot a while back. They were a little run down but continued to function. On Sunday, they got the second shot. They all felt like that got hit with Mack trucks. It was mainly sitting or laying around the house all covered up and waiting it out. My mother was extremely thirsty. The yucky feeling came on the morning after the shot and lasted almost all day. I would say, 16 hours, or so...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Got Phiser...just soreness at the injection site for 1.5 days (but I have more soreness crawling around the garage floor changing oil in bikes and car)...get second shot on Mar 20th...

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
so it seems, Moderna is kicking more a$$ on the 2nd treatment...does that make it a stronger vaccine or you get what you pay for...in my case nothing...just my luck i guess...next wednesday I'll find out ...guess its time to go into training just to get a vaccine.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
so it seems, Moderna is kicking more a$$ on the 2nd treatment...does that make it a stronger vaccine or you get what you pay for...in my case nothing...just my luck i guess...next wednesday I'll find out ...guess its time to go into training just to get a vaccine.
Get Barb to stick you! It will be payback for all those years... ;-)

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
thanx for the kind thought....nice to see someones got my back....will let you know when I find out who it is.

·
Administrator
16,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We all have your back Dennis.

Especially Beezer.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts