Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody, I've been lurking this forum for several months after purchasing my 2007 C50. I've really been enjoying the bike except how quiet and wimpy it sounds with the stock pipes. I know this topic has been mulled over many times before but I thought I would ask again anyway.

So I have read many posts here comparing different pipes and gathering all of your opinions, which has been helpful in determining which set to get. I'm looking for some loud pipes with a deeper sound (I understand that 805ccs can only sound so deep). I am trying to decide between the following three:

Cobra Streetrod Slashdown ($390) Amazon (Like the looks of these the best)

Vance and Hines Straightshots ($395) Oneida shipped (thinking these might be the deepest sounding as well as pretty loud?)

Cobra 2" Drags ($100 on CL) (cheap)

I also considered the Cruzers or the Twin Slash Staggereds, but I don't really like the way that they look. If they had a better sound than the others, I might possibly consider them.

What do you guys think the best thing for me would be? Are the 2" Drags too high pitched? Or is there that much of a difference between the 2" and 2.5" inch pipes? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
8,231 Posts
slashdowns are loud, earplugs required even with a FF healmet, for any kind of comfort

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I'm running the Cruzers debaffled and they make the bike sound awesome. They are a little short for the bike and with the white pearl paint it leaves some exhaust soot on the lower rear fender and white wall tire after a long ride. But, I wash the bike once per week whether it needs it or not...

rv

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm running the Cruzers debaffled and they make the bike sound awesome. They are a little short for the bike and with the white pearl paint it leaves some exhaust soot on the lower rear fender and white wall tire after a long ride. But, I wash the bike once per week whether it needs it or not...

rv
I hear that Cruzers debaffled are insanely loud. I considered getting some Cruzers and debaffling them if I can get over the look. I've never heard any aftermarket pipe on a C50 other than youtube videos. All I know is that the stock exhaust is too wimpy for me.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have the streetrod slashdowns. They are insanely loud without the baffles, but they are also just as loud as my buddy's road king with a 2 into 1 when you put the baffles in.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I hear that Cruzers debaffled are insanely loud. I considered getting some Cruzers and debaffling them if I can get over the look. I've never heard any aftermarket pipe on a C50 other than youtube videos. All I know is that the stock exhaust is too wimpy for me.
IMHO the pipes are as loud as you want them to be. Meaning, heavy roll on and it's loud. Ease into it and you can almost sneak up on somebody. Its all in the right hand... It's saved my life for sure by getting a drivers attention who did not see me before merging over. When I rapped the pipes, they nearly came out of their seat. Until then, they had no idea I was next to them. As I've said before, the're not for everyone!!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have the Streetrod Slashdowns - nice and deep and pretty loud. I set off car alarms pretty regular at just normal throttle and I have the factory (cobra) baffels installed.

What I like about them over the V&H Cruisers is that they go back farther - ending past the rear brake drum. Look at my garage pics to see.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have Vance and Hines Straightshots and can attest they are LOUD. Too loud for my liking so I toned them down a bit with smartpartz hard kore baffles. Still loud, particularly when you roll on the throttle.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I can't vouch for V&H, but my Streetrods have a GREAT rumble to them. And, in my opinion, they look better than the V&H pipes. If money wasn't an issue though, I would have gone with Hard Krome pipes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't vouch for V&H, but my Streetrods have a GREAT rumble to them. And, in my opinion, they look better than the V&H pipes. If money wasn't an issue though, I would have gone with Hard Krome pipes.
Yeah I am wanting the Streetrods definitely for the looks and loudness. The only reason I want the V&H is for possible a better sound as well as being loud. The drag pipes I want because they are so cheap.

I just can't bring myself to spend more than $400 on pipes because I know before riding season I need to get my valves adjusted and really want to get a FI controller and new air intake.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Don't settle and want more down the road. Just get what you want. $400 is better than seeing somebody else's bike later on with the pipes you wish you would have got instead.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Don't settle and want more down the road. Just get what you want. $400 is better than seeing somebody else's bike later on with the pipes you wish you would have got instead.
My thoughts exaclty - get what you really want and justify the expense:biglaugh:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I run the cobra 3" drag pros which not only look nice and beefy but also sound incredible. I love them, they have a really deep rumble to them and I don't run any baffles with them nor do I plan to. I actually just sold my radio that I had installed due to the fact that you can't hear to much of the music due to the pipes being as loud as they are.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the Cobra Streetrods,and I'm very happy with them. I did have trouble deciding between the Streetrods and the Vance and Hines Cruisers. Iwent to a local shop that sells used bikes, and listenedto several and was able make a decision that way. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all of your input folks. Last night I ordered the Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns and can't wait for them to come in. The only other question I have for y'all is where is the cheapest place to order the crush gaskets?

14181-10F00 is the right part number, correct? Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,231 Posts
get some of these to go with em

Reactions: lv2tinker
1 - 20 of 29 Posts