Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new C50T.Was thinking of debaffle thing but was wondering about a few thing.
1 Will it void my extended warranty?
2 Will my pipes turn blue?
3 Will it reduce the low end power?
4 Would adding a K&N air filter and a cobra fuel processor add more power without the debaffle.
5 Would noise be too loud being a hearing aid wearer was a little concerned

Any opinons would be appreciated

Aqua205

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
1 Will it void my extended warranty?
YES, IF THE DEALER CAN FIND A WAY TO TIE THE FAULT TO THE EXHAUST SOMEHOW

2 Will my pipes turn blue?
NO

3 Will it reduce the low end power?
A LITTLE AT FIRST BUT THE C50 COMPUTER WILL REMAP ITSELF AFTER ABOUT 500-600 MILES AND YOU WILL GET THE LOW AND MID-RANGE BACK

4 Would adding a K&N air filter and a cobra fuel processor add more power without the debaffle.
YES, AT FIRST, BUT YOU ARE GOING TO CONFUSE YOUR ONBOARD PROCESSOR BECAUSE IT IS TRYING TO REMAP TO THE NEW CONDITION

5 Would noise be too loud being a hearing aid wearer was a little concerned
YES.

Don't expect performance gains from this mod. At best, your onboard processor will get you back to baseline after you disconnect the battery for a while to clear the cache and drive it for a few hundred miles.

One exception is that with removal of back-pressure, throttle response and coast-down will be smooth as silk compared to the bucking bronco you drove off the showroom floor.

And don't de-PAIR if you don't have to. You will get some backfire until your computer re-maps. And the de-PAIR could register an emmission fault on your dashboard.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Great response

I second his answers. Bit I would like to add that I was hesitant about doing mine but so glad that I did. They should have sold the bike this way!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Great response

I second his answers. Bit I would like to add that I was hesitant about doing mine but so glad that I did. They should have sold the bike this way!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts