Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next spring I'd like to debaffle my stock exhaust pipes as seen in the famous video by Lyd (I'll leave Mickey alone). Lyd does not mention anything about the air intake and rejetting the carb. For best performance, I should use a K&N air filter in the stock football air box and rejet the carburetor, right? The Dynojet jet kit ($51 from Oneida) should work just fine, right? How loud will this be compared to others with aftermarket pipes? My friend has Hard Kromes, which I think are too loud. And if I decide to get an aftermarket exhaust (Cobra or Jardine) and a Thunder teardrop air kit later on, would I have rejet the carb again with the jet kit that comes with the Thunder package? Thanks, Paul

·
Banned
13,763 Posts
For best performance you should have rejetted those carbed bikes the day they came off the lot! Your bike will not be as loud as your friends HK, not even close, but doing the debaffel does produce a pretty nice sound for little or no cost.

If you do decide to do aftermarket pipes and a air kit, you will absolutley need to rejet again. But quite honestly, when you do it for the first time, don't assume the matrix is an absolute. You may find that "tweak"ing something a bit will provide better results for you based on your riding conditions, altitude, temp and not to mention each bike is just a bit different.

Have fun, enjoy the ride!

Wade

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Wade!!!, I thought I was right. Oh yeah... may the worst team lose (Packers, Vikings), I'm from Minnesota Ha Ha Paul

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I HAVE TO WATCH!!!!, I'm half Danish and a quater Swedish. It's in my blood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts