Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[color=red]The old girl has been deflowered. Sorry I mean debadged. You'all were right. It was no big deal as long as you take your time. I like the looks alot better!! Oh no, did I kill my warranty? :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I have read a lot of threads here describing the fishing line debadging process and how easy it was.

I thought it might be a different approach to get feed back from you folks that have debadged and encountered problems or damage to the paint as a result. Come on and step up and bare your souls. It will make you feel better. We won't judge you. :lol:

I am considering doing this but am leary.

Roy
2008 c50t red and white

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
unless you use a hammer and chisel you should have no problems . Heat and fishing line or a credit cardshould cause no damage unless you are trying to .

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
i just heated the area up well with a hair dryer then carefully used a credit card to get it off. just work slow and take your time, easy money!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Re: Debadging feed back

mrnascar97 said:
I have read a lot of threads here describing the fishing line debadging process and how easy it was.

I thought it might be a different approach to get feed back from you folks that have debadged and encountered problems or damage to the paint as a result. Come on and step up and bare your souls. It will make you feel better. We won't judge you. :lol:

I am considering doing this but am leary.

Roy
2008 c50t red and white
Thanks for bringing this up, I am leary myself, although I am more worried about the paint being a different shade since mine is an 05 and has had some seasons in the sun.

·
Premium Member
14,446 Posts
Park the bike in direct sunlight for a couple of hours to warm up the tank. Then the fishing line trick works easy. If you decide to put them back on you can with 3m double sided tape from any autoparts store.

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
I debadged mine without damaging the bike. However, the badges broke in the process so there was no going back for me. I didn't like the looks of the tank nekkid, so I had to put some Purple Harley decals on... :lol:

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
I like my badges...but i have an '03 when they were still 'cool looking' swooshes. :wink:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hair dryer on high heat pointed at each badge and sticker for one minute to loosen the adhesives, then placed dental floss between sticker and surface and went back-and-forth like a saw motion to separate the stickers from the bike, pointing the hair dryer on low heat at the same time to keep the adhesives loose. Once off, applied Goo Gone on surface to wipe away adhesive residue off the bike, pointing hair dryer on high heat to loosen up the rest of the residue, then waxed the area. I just debadged yesterday, link to the thread with pics:

http://www.volusiariders.com/viewtopic.php?t=69206&start=15

·
Registered
137 Posts
I used Grease and adhesive remover spray. Pull the badge away just a little bit and spray it from the top it will drip down,soak it good, and let it sit.then it should just pull off.then clean the rest off with the cleaner and a rag.The old paint should not have faded that much that you would notice.A hair drier or a heatgun (set on low) should also work. I like the look of the badges but I was getting tired af HD guys saying nice bike... Oh its a "jap bike".Now I am incognito :lol:

·
Registered
174 Posts
mantis said:
I used Grease and adhesive remover spray. Pull the badge away just a little bit and spray it from the top it will drip down,soak it good, and let it sit.then it should just pull off.then clean the rest off with the cleaner and a rag.The old paint should not have faded that much that you would notice.A hair drier or a heatgun (set on low) should also work. I like the look of the badges but I was getting tired af HD guys saying nice bike... Oh its a "jap bike".Now I am incognito :lol:
Thanks for the info on the paint, between the two methods, I may be able to do this without completely destroying the paint, the bike, my garage and the house. :lol:

Did I mention I am a bit clumsy? :wink:

·
Registered
458 Posts
a hair dryer works fine. Go easy and do a little at a time. I removed all the badges except for the tank badge which I like.

·
Banned
10,976 Posts
Hair dryer, fishing line, wd-40, credit card, 12 pack beer and alot of patience. Take your time and it will be no problem at all. I completely debadged my "M" in about an hour and a half. The fun part is getting all the double sided tape of the tank after the badges come off. Saturate a rag with wd-40 and use a credit card to get off the excess.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Heat the badges with a hair dryer, soak the adhesive backing with Goo Gone, reheat then slowly peel off . You won't damage the paint.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Mine is an 06. did mine a few weeks ago and no problem with paint fading. Did the side covers, too, no problems. The only one that gave me problems was the suzuki sticker at the bottom of the back fender! :curse: :scream: :violent: :brick:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts