Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your help...

I'm adding Cruzers & an Air Kit to my C50T. My local dealer will do a remap for 1-2 hrs labor ($80/hr) or I can buy a FI Controller for about $275. The dealer option appeals to me because it's less money and I don't have to mess with trying to figure out the best pot settings on a controller. I do have a concern with the dealer option because after I install the air kit, I have about a 1/2 hr drive to the dealer and I'm not sure if running the bike for that time in an "extra lean" condition would be a bad thing.

Any suggestions/experiences?

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have an '05 C50 with HK Big Straights and K&N filter. I had the dealer remap it only because I don't plan on changing anything else any time soon, (ran outa $$). They only charged 1 hour labor ($60).

IMHO if all you need is one remap, go with the slealer. If you wanna tweak it yourself multiple times, get the Power Commander.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
hey dave, I sent you a pm!

I'll give you a call later on and give you the low down on what "chizy" and I have learned thus far on this whole remap business.

basically, you are better off with getting a PC because it has a better ability of actually taking over the fuel mixture. from what we have learned, having the dealer tweak your mapping isn't as reliable unless they actually take the time to run the bike on a dyno and tweak it finely.

chizy has had this done with his k&n filter but is getting a PC because he thinks that he is still running lean as certain rpms.

we all have to realize that even though our bikes run mostly lean, there ARE parts of the power curve that run RICH. what that means is, you are technically better off with something that can "control" the whole power curve.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Agree... AND, I have a Cobra FI2000 and am starting to think a PC may be a better choice all together. The FI2000 is a fine unit, but it takes a bit of fiddling with the pots to get the settings right. With the PC, you can adjust to your hearts content, or download a map for the bike.

Personally, I am getting crap for mileage, and I don't feel like messing with the adjustments on the Fi2000 anymore. I think I'm going for the PC in the very near future.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the inputs :D As I learn more about the Power Commander the more I like it.....my Christmas List is getting very expensive now :shock: I hope the UPS man can fit down the chimney :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts