Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday a local senior female lost control of her vehicle and hit an 18 wheeler head on. She was killed on impact. It would have been her last day of school

At noon a tornado ripped through our neighborhood totally destroying 3 homes and damaging over 60. Fortunately, no injuries but there were 8 fatalities from tornadoes in other Arkansas counties.

Fifteen minutes ago our rescue was called to a motorcycle versus vehicle. Just confirmed motorcycle fatality. No other details at this time.

Lots of bikers out today. Please be careful.

·
Registered
27,502 Posts
Yeah, I heard about the accident and tornado. We didn't have an "official" tornado (although they're now saying it was an unconfirmed tornado) , but straight line winds that completely destroyed MANY homes, a 15 year old girl was killed when a tree went through their house, we were without power for 12 hours yesterday and many were without power longer than that. Funny thing is that I usually wake up during storms and I pretty much slept through that one....even through the tornado sirens! :shock:
I don't know about you, but I'm READY for these storms to be over. Between the tornados, straight line winds, huge hail and flooding....ENOUGH!

·
Banned
348 Posts
That's the trouble with TV, Internet and all mass communications we have today. I have a friend who's 20 year old daughter was driving on I-80 at the OH-PA line and her car just went off the road......to the left and she hit a bridge abutment. She was killed instantly.....I talked to her a few days before in passing. No cause for the accident was evident, she was killed instantly. Then in a few short hours the family found out she was in the middle of texting a friend on her cell phone.
Cars, bikes, Semi's, natural disasters..people have been dying everyday since man has existed, but we get all of this news that is so terrible thrown at us, that sometimes you wonder if its a good thing. We can only cry so long and so much and continue to live our lives to the fullest.
My mother told me a story of a guy that was molesting children back when she was young..in the 40's. The story never went past neighborhood gossip back then, but now would hit the press with Mr. 'no spin' Bill O'reilly' on national news as a trajedy and that this is the state of this nation.
There are always bad things happening arund the world, in States, in Cities and in Neighborhoods........
BUT...there are alway's GOOD things happening too.....let the people cry for their loved ones lost and mourn.....but the world goes on. We need to look for all of these good things and enjoy life while we have it.
Al

·
Registered
27,502 Posts
Well, I think the point is that we've had just one thing after another and another and another this year and we're sick of it!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on the motorcycle fatality. It was a local guy around 50 yr old. Had his bike for just a couple of days. I've known his family for most of my life. His brother is my ex-son in law. Even worse, we've been working the tornado area since it hit yesterday. This morning the girl scouts came down to help feed us workers. This man's wife is the girl scout leader. They had to come tell her and her daughter while they were here volunteering and helping us. Such an awful tragedy.

Word is he crossed the center line and hit the cage head-on in a straight section of the highway. I'm pretty sure he was totally new to riding.

And B2B, you are correct. It's not just that we're hearing about it, it's just been the worse year ever for floods and tornadoes. Twenty five confirmed tornadoes just yesterday in Arkansas. Twenty four fatalities in 8 to 10 of those tornadoes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts