Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That time of year again for those, who like myself, have no life…

As most of you know who participate in this yearly contest, this year had a slight interruption in the years riding…So that said, a breakdown as to what has happened…

January 1st
No better way to start the year off than with a ride…30 miles for the day…the season is off and running

February
Bike hasn’t been ridden since new years day and stays covered in the garage thru feb…ol man winter sucks.

March
March gets friendly and I take advantage of 3 riding opportunities…couple hours here couple hours there…and a short mind cleanser.

April
April weather gets real friendly and I take advantage of 3 more riding days to put some 100+ miles per ride on….life is good..going to be a great spring

april 12th…I lost my ride…

May
May 3, Ride replaced…other than commuting to work 55 miles round trip…bike doesn’t get ridden..spend my off time keeping my wife company.

June…
First real ride with the new wheels…Shoo Fly Pie Ride in Deleware Gap, Pa…thanx Lu…needed that. Thanx to all who came out…great to be amongst the Vol Family…emotional day for me.

July
I bond with the new ride at the Yankee Rally in Lake George, NY…first mishap also… The Top, The Drop, The Sting.

August
Bike remains home in the garage when we go to Maine for our yearly summer vacation…first time bike stays home…wife felt bad it didn’t accompany us…even suggested I take it along.

Sept
Put some miles on it as I head to the OctVRFest Rally Gettysburg, Pa where I take advantage of the location to also book a place in davis, west virgina for a weeks worth of cruising the mts. Lose 2 days of riding while there to take cage further south w/2 friends who meet me there to raft the Gauley.

October
Head up to the White Mts of New Hampshire for my yearly end of the riding season riding vacation where I lose only 1 day to rain … daughter meets me up there and the bike sits covered for 2 days as we cage the days activities.

That’s pretty much it..for those who actually want to subject there teeth to the torture of muching on a ¼ lb bag of mold infested, teeth shattering, jaw crunching stale jelly beans….a little more info…

Days ridden…

Jan-march 3
April 3
May 14
June 12
July 18
Aug 18
Sept 18
Oct 19

give or take 105 riding days of which many were used just to commute.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate and allow some more riding…you know the deal…total number of miles ridden for both mc’s wins the much sought after prize.

Good luck..deadline is Sunday nite 11:59 pm

**********************************************************************************************************************

Guesses so far...

blinky..... 4,679.4...submitted with a straight face at that
Beez...... 8,500...somebody please pinch him and see if he's awake
10-64....10,988...well...I did say 5 digits
guitarjim..11,277.3..for my riding sake, hope his guess ends on a sour note
oldtraf.....11,617...wonder what he rubbed the last time he picked the winning number...hmmmmmmmmmm
e94racer..1,2,3,4,5...probably figured "wtf...use those numbers" while teaching his grand-daughter to count
scorpion..12.485.. defending Champ...enough said
pbryon...13,132....ditto from below but also understands our typical NE weather...rain down there...snow up here
kett.......14,489....man who knows cold weather won't deter me from saddling up...hope your right
capt......14,782....has lost a few heartbreakers due to circumstances beyond the weather
jamieC50..15,756..would be nice
dj12midnit..22,665.. poor guy must think I live in florida or for that matter, planning on riding there before the year runs out

·
Super Moderator
25,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
had to cut the initial post "short" to sneak in a cruise before heading into work but will give some more valuable tidbits tonite when i get home from work...think I'm really need to get a dog...no. 1 on the xmas wish list. Of course The Beez who is destined to lose anyway..if for no other reason than "just because" will be given the option of recalculating his guess.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Of course The Beez who is destined to lose anyway..if for no other reason than "just because" will be given the option of recalculating his guess.
:biglaugh:

·
Registered
452 Posts
5 digits? Hmmmm. 4,679.4 miles?

·
Registered
452 Posts
another one not interested in stale jelly beans or no dental insurance...
Just terrified of Dentists. Every dentist I have ever been to pulls wings off butterfly's and incinerates ants with a magnifying glass, not when they were kids, but still today as weekend recreation. Plus, I was going for the "lamest" guess award. Beezer needs some competition when it comes to "lame" and I am just the man. :cool:

Reactions: beezer

·
Super Moderator
25,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
So what does one do on a rainy day off…those w/o any life what so ever, put on a fresh pot of coffee and bore you some more….

Ok…sweet and to the point but typed with 4 fingers…

History shows last 3 years have logged:

.............Rides ... Miles....total for year
2011 nov… 5........520..........11k
.......Dec 1..........46
2012 nov… 21......1687..........18k
.......Dec… 2......250
2013 nov … 17......1150...almost 18k
.......Dec… 12.......668

Can’t control the weather but if conditions allow, as most of you know, I will ride…last years contest went to the last day which allowed me to ride, which also cost me the prize…story of my life… and allowed Scorpion to sneak in the back door and snatch the prize from my grasp. Polovision waiting on the doorstep.

Like I mentioned earlier…start your guess in the 5 digit range…didn’t expect for this year to be anywhere near what it has been mileage wise to this point given the circumstances, but overall, a good year of riding and hopefully mother nature has not entered that certain stage of her life that will make my life miserable and present a generous portion of additional favorable riding days. The least she can do……

Keep your fingers crossed…winter comes late…white stuff stays in the skies…and the temps try to keep above 28 degrees… let the games begin!!!!!!

Past winners…..

2010... Ol Traf … When will it hit 85k…2004 Volusia
2012....Nfallon.... Guess the mileage….. 2005 c90
2013... Scorpion..18k or Bust……………2005 c90
2014... Mdram and Whiskey.....How many Pies will fit in the trunk (42)

·
Administrator
16,661 Posts

1 - 20 of 176 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.