Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
The motorcycle has drawn even more, ( lost touch ) type looks, and concerned comments.
yeah I remember when i first got my mc...2004...at age 52...everone thought I was having a mid-life crisis...they all began to question my thinking...friends, co workers, even the kids who usually support any decision I make on moving onto something new in my life told me they had to side w/their mother who was very upset about the new toy in the garage..their reasoning...too many idiots out there...not so much my inexperience but now putting myself at risk...told him how disappointed i was in their feelings and pretty much told them all to go to...whatever...and did what I thought I needed to do. Turned out, they came around, even the wife who for 9 years told me she would never sit on the mc less ride on it...took 1 ride around a parking lot at an Econo Lodge at a rally and she was hooked. So ...never say never. Funny thing too...all those hipocrites who think we are crazy...theres always that twinge of envy in their eyes when you tell them the feeling you experience when you ride and the sheer pleasure it brings. One of those pieces from The Forest Gump Box of Chocolates.

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
Just buy a Flow-Bee and cut it yourself. Then when it doesn't look right, you can raid the fridge and have some ice cream to make you forget about it.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
ok...tuesday...july 20...finally...a day of no rain...fires raging in California and no water to help get them put out...other side of the country...flood watches everywhere...lets hope the losses are minmal on both sides...

on a more productive note, got a chance to do some yard work not being able to use the rain again today card...funny how no matter how much it rains, no mater how saturated the fairways and greens are, never seems to give me a reason to say not today...but lets get back to the yardwork...

seems in this household its a 1 person job...mine...not by choice of course...who in their right minds actually volunteers to be yard keeper...an idiot maybe with no life what so ever...and of course when I am in the middle of doing it, the other person living in this house will always ask if theres anything she can do...more of an empty gesture, almost a forced obligatory statement with no sincerity to it at all...whatever...so today I tell her, yeah...make me a nice dinner...shortly after she's heading out the door, gets in the car and disappears...so much for that dinner i guess..'

well she soon returns with a a few bags of groceries and in a short time calls me inside for dinner...

I notice the salad...

ok...simple...wheres the onions...no onions...why no onions...on a scale of 1-10...a 5...a generous 5...

next shes putting down some italian bread...

good touch...surprised she didn't burn it... and then

some sort of shrimp scampi she calls it...saw it in one of her cook books...lots of garlic, some red pepper flakes, cheese ravioli's saturated with the garlic sauce...not big on shrimp but have to say...delicious, spicy, definitely a make again...even picked me up an apple pie and ice cream for dessert...don't give her enough credit sometimes, and no sense starting now...tell her all the time how lucky she is to have me to pamper and spoil...yep...she sure is a lucky gal.

Finish up..compliment her efforts,,,yeah I can be that guy...and suggest how nice a cup of coffee would finish the meal...and I wait...wait some more...and finally ..So wheres the coffee!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
Glad you got fed. Looks good. Enjoy !
In this house the yard work is Dave's. It's not that I can't do it...it's just too friggin' hot. Dave's brothers have been volunteered the last two months.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
theres mans work and theres womans work...bottom line...it should ALL be womans work....hope dave is having a good day...also hope your doing well to.

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
At least you got fed. Around here, it's " whatever we have in the fridge- help yourself ".😡😡🤬🤬🤬

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
think in the future I am going to wear one of these around my neck when I'm hungry...

1626952897620.png

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
Tried that, all she did was point me to an unmanned intersection of the hi way.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
so todays rant...I was driving thru the city yesterday with barb, ny city on our way to long island to visit her dad and we had to stop for a lite...one of those guys comes up to my car with a can looking for a donation...like always I ignore him/them...barb mentions she usually will give them money afraid what they may do if she says no...I tell het that people like her encourage them to be deadbeats, you say no or like me, ignore them, give them nothng...they move on to the next car...the last thing they need is to screw with someones car, piss off the driver, he then gets out, beats the piss out of them and then takes what little they have in the can...kinda got a mixed reaction from Barb on that one...like how dare I even think that...I tell her simple...let the deadbeat get a job and then he won't have to spend the day begging for money...lots of jobs out there right now...sorry but I just don't have the patience for these people anymore. Guess i just don't understand and need to be more compassionate I'm told. Whatever...

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
so todays rant...I was driving thru the city yesterday with barb, ny city on our way to long island to visit her dad and we had to stop for a lite...one of those guys comes up to my car with a can looking for a donation...like always I ignore him/them...barb mentions she usually will give them money afraid what they may do if she says no...I tell het that people like her encourage them to be deadbeats, you say no or like me, ignore them, give them nothng...they move on to the next car...the last thing they need is to screw with someones car, piss off the driver, he then gets out, beats the piss out of them and then takes what little they have in the can...kinda got a mixed reaction from Barb on that one...like how dare I even think that...I tell her simple...let the deadbeat get a job and then he won't have to spend the day begging for money...lots of jobs out there right now...sorry but I just don't have the patience for these people anymore. Guess i just don't understand and need to be more compassionate I'm told. Whatever...
Your just not woke.........Boomer. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. :p

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
I'm with you Dennis. Why reward laziness. There's groups here where they live in a motel, get dropped off by car, and always have a fast food bag by them. If they're truly that hard up, why all the amenities. They're professional beggers.
I gave 1 guy an energy bar and he gave me a dirty look and just threw it on the concrete by his bag.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I'm with you Dennis. Why reward laziness. There's groups here where they live in a motel, get dropped off by car, and always have a fast food bag by them. If they're truly that hard up, why all the amenities. They're professional beggers.
I gave 1 guy an energy bar and he gave me a dirty look and just threw it on the concrete by his bag.
Well apparently your not woke either!!!! You guys seem to think a guy should work all his life, raise his kids on his own dime, pay his bills, meet his responsibilities. Waiting until his 60s, to buy a motercycle, that he wanted when he was in his thirties. Fn Boomers.:mad:. hahhahhaahahahhahahahahahahahahahha:oops:. Oops

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
You never showed off your present at the rally you tight ass nincompoop!
I put it in my pocket before dinner to wear at the fireside...got involved talking w/jeff (wingrider) and the next thing I knew it was time to head to bed...went to the room, upon emptying my pockets before taking off my pants, saw it, annoyed at myself for forgetting...will try again at the SeptVRFest...would bring it with me tommorrow at petes birthday lunch, but seems like the only ones going will not be from our group and therefore really wouldn't get it...should still bring it tho if nothing more than to see the looks I get...

21 - 40 of 55 Posts