Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I was doing the dishes this afternoon when suddenly I heard a loud....what...thats right...I was doing dishes...you don't do dishes...why not...you that type of guy insecure enough that its beneath you to do dishes...well...I do dishes...I do my laundry and I vacuum too, and I clean toilets also...maybe not very well but there are limits a guy suppose to go to...and why am I doing dishes when they sell these machines called dishwashers...well, because the one my wife recently purchased...top of the line KitchenAid...of course she would go top of the line, me...I would have bought the cheapest model they sell...or better yet...just a few more boxes of brillopads, a couple bottles of Palmolive liquid and a bag of new sponges...then again, I'm cheap...whatever...

so anyway took forever for this new machine to get here after she bought it cause it had to be ordered...order anything today lately and get it within a reasonable time...sure you did...lying [email protected] finally gets delivered 3 months later, last a month and goes down, why wouldn't it...its in my house...The House of Doom & Gloom...so the repair dude finally comes over...4 calls later... and tells us the part we need has to be ordered and yep, you guessed it...going to take longer than usual cause of all the backordered parts they are currently waiting for...so the monkey is now DishBoy....been Dishboy going on 2 months now...
guarantee you the cheapest model dishwasher would never break down... whatever...she paid or is paying for it...damn fool...deserves to pay for it...and what the f#ck...doesn't anything last anymore...seems like appliances have a lifespan as long as a fly does caught in a spiders web...

but could be worse I guess,,,that loud sound I heard was a tree coming down on my neighbors car in her driveway...right thru the roof...lucky she wasn't in it...went to check on her when I saw what happened...still trying to figure out what caused it to fall..not like there were any strong winds...my wife's theory is all the rain lately had something to do with it...softened the ground...really...wonder if she was a blonde in a previous life. Well probably got more dishes waiting to be done again...whatever....

·
Super Moderator
29,490 Posts
Funny how, these days, the more you pay for an appliance, the quicker they break down. The white $99 contractor special fridge from Home Depot will run for 40 years with no issues, but the $20k Maytag, side-by-side, with ice cream dispenser in the door and touch panel for ordering new groceries breaks down after 2 months.

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
Calm down Dennis. Your frustration on getting to ride is making you even more obnoxious than usual. Bet you don't sound like that when Barb's around.
Just trying to save your life, buddy.🤫🤫🤫🤫😇😇😇😇😇

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Wait, ice-cream dispenser in the door?
Watch out, you'll get a New England VR Ride to your kitchen!

·
Super Moderator
29,490 Posts
Just think, Dennis could reach in for a banana and then cover it with ice cream from the door. Wham-O! Instant banana split. Barb would never get him out of the house again.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wonder what awaits out there today in the head scratching world of DC...suppose to start the day off at 10 with getting a few of the still remaining hairs on my head trimmed...

shouldn't be too much of an issue one would think...then again...I notice the Clouds of Gloom & Doom circling overhead already...hope I get to bed tonite with both ears still attached to my head...

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
saturday...july 10th...well...not to be disappointed...can't even get a headache w/o some bs...then again, this ones on me...see, when covid forced barber shops here in Ct to close down last year for a period of time, the place I had been going to since 1979...yep thats 41 years...talk about loyalty...the only thing I haver been loyal to that long is my wife...hard to believe maybe but then again don't think God created anyone stupid enough to want to be involved with me...anyway...guy who owned the business and cut my hair probably, in his late 70's, took that as an omen to finally retire...forcing me to find another guy to cut my hair...tried a few gals but somehow the ones around here don't seem to know how to cut a guys hair...hair is hair ..right...but we are talking women...nevermind...whatever... anyway found this local guy...gave him a try and he did ok...problem is, like everything else today, one needs to make an appt... btw...remember the old days when you came in, sat down, and waited your turn...yep...good ol days...anyway today everything needs an appt...problem is this guy never shows up on time...annoys the piss out of me, but I'm loyal, just that kind of guy... so I bite my tounge after he apologizes for being late, until the next time where the scenerio repeats again and again.

Until today...after 20 minutes of waiting, got up, said "F*ck it, I'm done waiting" and left...felt good leaving...I felt disrespected....

problem now being I have to find another place to go, will have to make an appt and then hope for the best...so I start searching and pass this place, sign out front says "walk in's welcome"...so I walk in, ask the barber, do I need an appt... guy tells me no appts necessary...looks like, feels like, an old time barbershop, pole and all...so I sit and he cuts my hair....friendly guy...we chat while he cuts, finishes up, and I see why no appts are needed,,,who in their right mind would want to make an appt to come back and get a haircut like this again....good thing it'll grow back and it gives me a month to find a new place....yep...can't make this sh!t up....welcome to my world.

·
Super Moderator
29,490 Posts
I was born in 74. I'd say it's time to find another barber.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your hair always looked like s*** anyway Dennis :p
it should...my whole life has been one big ball of sh!t...maybe its not too late to turn things around if I shave it all off...maybe w/ a new look...perhaps feel like a new start...wonder what the consensus is by those who have made the switch...

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
it should...my whole life has been one big ball of sh!t...maybe its not too late to turn things around if I shave it all off...maybe w/ a new look...perhaps feel like a new start...wonder what the consensus is by those who have made the switch...
Well.......You could do what I did. When covid killed my barber shop I let it grow out. I wear it in a ponytail, ( god I hate that term ) , I just pull it around my neck and cut off a couple inches when it gets too long. Best decision I ever made. I'll never pay for a haircut again. ( Joke-em if they can't take a........well you get my drift LoL. )

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Dennis, I can send Paula down to you and she can buzz your head.

·
Super Moderator
62,497 Posts
Just find someone that can still help you keep your signature Jughead look. If you let it grow out you'd look more like Veronica.

The S is most likely for simple ;)

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dennis, I can send Paula down to you and she can buzz your head.
barb and paula spent way too much time together at the rally...sure Paula heard alot of tales about how fooled Barb was into believing marrying me would be the best decision she ever made... I'm sure Paula would be more than willing to assist Barb in getting her hands on that life insurance money still active...sort of the pot of gold awaiting after survivng the misery of 50 plus years... one can do strange things with a razor... jury's would have a hard time believing was done on purpose. Thanx for the offer, but think I'll pass.

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like that...maybe if i put a big wart on the tip of my nose, no one will notice the hair...wonder if Miracle Grow works on human hair......strongly considering NateDogs suggestion...never had the pony tail look..at this stage of my life, would just give the few friends I actually do have enough reason to confirm their belief that I have finally lost touch with reality....going to be a long month. Isn't there some software out there that lets one customize a photo to get a new look? Maybe add some spock ears while I'm at it...

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I like that...maybe if i put a big wart on the tip of my nose, no one will notice the hair...wonder if Miracle Grow works on human hair......strongly considering NateDogs suggestion...never had the pony tail look..at this stage of my life, would just give the few friends I actually do have enough reason to confirm their belief that I have finally lost touch with reality....going to be a long month. Isn't there some software out there that lets one customize a photo to get a new look? Maybe add some spock ears while I'm at it...
LoL. Yeah the new hair style got their attention. The motorcycle has drawn even more, ( lost touch ) type looks, and concerned comments. But I ain't done yet baby !!!. Coming soon. Ass-less chaps, a motorcycle jacket, with as many studs on it as will fit, and the hat Marlon Brando wore in the Wild One. With any luck they will stage an intervention. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂...Oh........Miracle Grow didn't work for me on my hair.... or any other body parts.....worth a shot though.:p

1 - 20 of 55 Posts