Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
had a friend who use to ice fish...would spend 5 days every year with his fishing friends living on the ice inside a tent...told him he was nuts...to each his own.

·
Super Moderator
63,519 Posts
Ice fishing was fun. Several of us used to use Skoal. When I'd go out on the ice I would look for the holes with the most brown marks by it because that would generally be the honey hole.

·
Super Moderator
23,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
got a lake about a mile from our house...winter time it can be pretty busy w/folks camped out on the ice fishing...my luck I would go out there, light a fire to keep warm. the ice would melt and I would pull a Houdini...unfortunately with not so successfull an ending. Guess the wimp side of me says ...think I'll pass.

·
Super Moderator
63,519 Posts
Back in the '80's Dad and I used to take my 4 wheeler and a dog sled loaded with equipment to lakes in NY State. I remember looking out on Oneida Lake and seeing what appeared to be little cities of people in groups. They would take job johnnies and cut them down for less wind resistance and anchor them to the ice. They needed to be off the ice before it thawed by a certain point in early March. At times the sun would be so hot some people were walking around with no shirt on. No fear of the ice melting and falling in because it was so thick to the point sometimes we were on our knees running the auger.
Good times with dearly departed Dad. He was a true sportsman. Mom always said his first love was fishing. They left their Canadian honeymoon early so he could trout fish first day in NJ.

·
Super Moderator
23,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
good memories there...and a big thumbs up to her for her understanding what opening day means...even if in that case not too many woman would agree and support the decsion to cut the honeymoon short...

interesting comparison...went to a wedding last year for the daughter of one of barbs cousins...nice kid...guy "seemed" ok...barbs cousins husband (father of the bride) tells me at the wedding he doesn't know what to expect from the guy...likes him all right but they had to rescehule the honeymoon cause he plays in an adult basket ball league and they needed him for the end of the year tournament...father was a bit peaved but said it was up to the daughter to agree to it and while she wasn't happy about it, she agrred to postphone the honeymoon till it was over...

personally tells me alot about the guy...LOSER!!!!!...shouldn't have had to have the wife agree to it...never should have asked her in the first place...guess in this marriage it may be headed to its all about him....maybe I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
Dave cut our "honeymoon", trip to Jersey, short. He had to get back to the US Navy ship to take off for 6 months :eek:

·
Registered
22,562 Posts
Reporting for duty is a totally different scenario. He could have put off the wedding but went through with it. Give the man a break. He's a straight up guy. 😁😁
Just messing with you.

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
Dennis, he is doing well :) They cut his chemo meds, so it was only 2 hours today vs 6. We are happily planning our vacations for next year.

Scorpion, After 43 years, I've given him plenty of breaks :D We moved up the wedding. Figured if we had to go thru the misery might as well get paid for it !

141 - 152 of 152 Posts