Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Super Moderator
63,519 Posts
They like when you hook them, fight them, rip big holes in their lip, and then release them. It makes more room for bait to get in so they eat better.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Your shiny hook could traumatize fish that have previously been caught and released. Therefore causing mental anguish too said fish. Who might then , commit violence against themselves (suicide,) or God forbid other fish. (fish on fish violence) resulting in murder!!!! Actions have consequences Buddy. Think before you cast!!!!

Reactions: beezer

·
Registered
587 Posts
I find that bear tastes gamier then venison.
It’s very good in a sweet and sour sauce in a slow cooker then put over rice.

·
Super Moderator
23,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
"Your shiny hook could traumatize fish that have previously been caught and released. Therefore causing mental anguish too said fish. Who might then , commit violence against themselves (suicide,) or God forbid other fish. (fish on fish violence) resulting in murder!!!! "

even alot of drama created when one decides to go fishing...

·
Super Moderator
23,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
"They kill bear and deer to control population".

and who determines where the cutoff is...

·
Super Moderator
23,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
I find that bear tastes gamier then venison.
It’s very good in a sweet and sour sauce in a slow cooker then put over rice.
interesting...never see bear meat in the meat section of a supermarket...guess one needs to go to a butcher and hopefully he has some...then again wonder what the consumer demand is for such meat...

·
Super Moderator
23,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
think their time would then be better spent on dealing with the 2 legged humans that do these things and our juducual system seems to have their hands tied in dealing with this problem...that may then get one or two of them to reconsider doing some of what they do.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
think their time would then be better spent on dealing with the 2 legged humans that do these things and our juducual system seems to have their hands tied in dealing with this problem...that may then get one or two of them to reconsider doing some of what they do.
Dennis what I posted earlier was just an attempt to be funny. I take it back. You do have a valid point. Why do we spend so much time and money, trying to control the population of forest creatures. When we cant seem to control our own society. Crime on the rise. Open borders. A government we cant get a handle on, which has now run amuck. Yeah we got bigger problems, than whether we should shoot a bear or catch a fish.... Now.... let's go hug a tree and we will feel better.:p

Reactions: DCinCT

·
Registered
587 Posts
Here in Ontario Canada it is not legal to sell game meat but you can give it away.
Not sure what the logic behind it is but sometimes the laws defy logic….
When I did my motorcycle trip down south in 2018 we stopped in at a restaurant in Cherokee NC and I had a bison burger for lunch. First time I had eaten bison, it was very delicious.

·
Super Moderator
23,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Apples....Oranges.......Apples.....Oranges. Hmmmm, if there was just some way to compare these. :p
good point...one really doesn't know what ones doing other than trying to survive...the other definitely knows what their doing is wrong and not necessarily to survive...yet its ok to legally rid society of one and yet let the other continue to go about their ways at the expense of innocent victims...things that make one go hmmmmm sagain.

·
Super Moderator
23,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Here in Ontario Canada it is not legal to sell game meat but you can give it away.
Not sure what the logic behind it is but sometimes the laws defy logic….
When I did my motorcycle trip down south in 2018 we stopped in at a restaurant in Cherokee NC and I had a bison burger for lunch. First time I had eaten bison, it was very delicious.
found bison in the supermarket once...bought it and made some chili with it...enjoyed it.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Dennis what I posted earlier was just an attempt to be funny. I take it back. You do have a valid point. Why do we spend so much time and money, trying to control the population of forest creatures. When we cant seem to control our own society. Crime on the rise. Open borders. A government we cant get a handle on, which has now run amuck. Yeah we got bigger problems, than whether we should shoot a bear or catch a fish.... Now.... let's go hug a tree and we will feel better.:p
See above. I don't care if you are a tree hugger, your still my buddy ;)

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Come to think of it I'm a bit of a tree hugger too. I have a real problem with the deforestation of this country. Hmmmm things that make you think.:)

·
Super Moderator
63,519 Posts
Ice fishing was always fun. When there were advisories not to go outside Dad and I would be on the ice. We'd catch the fish and lay them on the ice. They'd freeze. We'd bring them home to filet them and they'd thaw out and start flopping around. Hard to get a nice filet from a live fish :p

121 - 140 of 152 Posts