Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Remember, $$$ does the trick, or at least helps pay for the Dr bills to get rid of it!!

·
Super Moderator
20,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Monday Day 4.....

another weather friendly day...mid 70's...sunny...not really a beach day so head out to see some local sites heading north towards Old Orchard Beach...

along the way make a pit stop at one of those multi dealer antique centers the other half likes to browse thru when we find ourselves in the area...yeap...you know the routine...she asks..I listen...I do as I'm asked and I keep my fingers crossed theres something in it for me somewhere in the nite.....

I elect to stay outside and while sipping on a coffee, I notice in the parking lot

So….great opportunity to stage yet another be the first caller w/ the correct answer and win a 1/8 lb. bag of stale, jaw breaking, teeth shattering purple jelly beans...

what exactly is this car.....yeah I know...says on there Beaumont...never heard of a Beaumont tho...so what is a Beaumont.....

that answer gets you the beans.....

guess the year too and I'll even throw in a handful of red jelly beans too....

guy who owns it eventually comes out and he gives me the low down...reminds me alot of Carsten...moenko...9 ft tall and all...and just as jolly....and just as good with the bs…don't take it personal...is what it is Big Guy…. and just one of the many reasons we here in the northeast appreciate you being a part of our family....

so...anyone?

Wife surprises me and reappears rather quickly...I ask no questions and happily continue on our way finally arriving at

Where kids can be kids....

and the rest of us can also be kids.....

Maybe I jumped the gun on calling it a non beach going day…

Tee shirt shops everywhere and somehow we always see one we can relate to…..

just the facts...unfortunately...just the facts.....

With that thought in mind tho…might want to invest a few bucks to see what the possibilities tonite are going to be for... well.... you know…..

I don't know...for $10 i think I'd rather keep my fingers crossed and believe there really is a Santa Claus who also comes in August.......

90 minutes later. I find my attention turning more toward viewing these

than really anything else.... and we decide to head back...

so off we go...find a suitable lunch spot …her choice ….of course....and needless to say …her choice means her treat…of course....that’s the unspoken rule….well…at least it is now….

where I find myself ordering some kind of blackened salmon something wrap…

not bad …edible and notice an uninvited guest inching closer w/every bite….

we finish up and decide a nice walk along the docks enjoying the scenery might be just the ticket

As we walk along, we contemplate spending the rest of the afternoon on one of the local sail boats lining the docks.....

and after serious consideration...narrow it down to 3....

Could go w/the one we always sail ,…the cricket…family owned for the last 40 years…always have a great time…

Maybe something new…..

Or maybe just help the new guy on the block jump start his new found retirement venture…you know the type…spent his whole life whispering what if and never did and now realizing time is running out, decides its never to late, invests his retirement savings and its sink or swim….

so we talk...tells me he doesn’t quite understand why his new business is not taking off the way he anticipated…makes me an offer I can’t refuse…2 for 1.…tell him …sure…I’ll be right back and figuring wtf…what could go wrong…go get the other half...

minutes later...before he sees us...

we see him.....

what I also see is a reason to follow the same advice I often told my children to follow when they were growing up... just say no

needless to say we board old faithful...The Cricket.

we head back and satisfied the day looks like its going to end on a good note.... the little lady suggests we go for another type of ride….

This will be her maiden voyage and somewhere along the ride we see

Now if you remember my earlier saying I would stand a better chance at finding the pot of gold than this guy would at discovering anything with that thing…

well ....figure lets go look for that pot of gold…so we follow the trail....

unfortunately it ends at...

now that I think about it...maybe I really didn't have to look that far...just maybe that pot of gold was sitiing right behind me....but don't tell anyone I was actually thinking that...I do have a certain image to live up to....so

Thanks Big Rider Up There for a great day....and as I head back to the ranch, I smile to myself thinking

till tommorrow.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
very nice...

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Love that boat "The Cricket" ... looks like a Drascombe Lugger?

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Aaah. Thanks for my 5 minute break from reality!!!

·
Super Moderator
20,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
It's Canadian and its a 1966 Pontiac Beaumont. It's like a Chevelle. Now pay up sucker :)

ok...looks like we have a winner...on both counts too...however...due to the nature of the character and level of integrity this participant lives by...a sworn statement on a certain sacred book witnessed by 2 neutral parties will be required before presentintation of any prize. Not that you would do anything unethical like googling the info to see what comes up or any other dishonest shortcut just to lay claim to this valuable prize...of course you wouldn't...lets just call it...a mere formality.

·
Super Moderator
20,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Looks like you're having an awesome time,Dennis-so how did Barbara do on the ride(you're pot of gold)-lol-
she did great Paul...didn't know what to expect...although I really expected to get 5 minutes up the road and have her tell me that was far enough for the first time. I kept to back country roads pretty much free of any other traffic , staying at a 35-40 mph clip. Went thru some twisties..slowly... teaching her to always be aware and watching whats ahead so as to know what to expect and the only times we bumped heads were when we came to a stop. Overall never really knew she was back there...pretty impressed... she found the mustang rear seat comfortable but the promised ice cream was never gotten as I found myself running out of daylight and didn't want to be on the road w/her at nite...ride lasted about an hour...she seem to like it and we may be getting out again tonite.

·
Super Moderator
57,557 Posts
ok...looks like we have a winner...on both counts too...however...due to the nature of the character and level of integrity this participant lives by...a sworn statement on a certain sacred book witnessed by 2 neutral parties will be required before presentintation of any prize. Not that you would do anything unethical like googling the info to see what comes up or any other dishonest shortcut just to lay claim to this valuable prize...of course you wouldn't...lets just call it...a mere formality.
We had Pontiac Lemans and GTO's. They had renamed Chevelles. :wayhappy:

·
Super Moderator
20,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Tuesday..... day 5

Wake up to another beautiful day…sun is smiling …someone else is smiling too…pretty good vacation so far…

Beach to visit today will be the one in Kennebunkport…

where shops also line the streets

and bits of history here and there offer opportunities to broaden ones knowledge of times past..

But before the fun begins…there’s some important business to tend to … no … not that…geez…you’d think I only have one thing on my mind when I go on vacation…well I do… but…

Anyway…its become a tradition of this particular yearly vacation for my wife to make a pit stop at the Francescon Monestary and stock up on rosaries they way I stock up on shoo fly pies when I’m in Pa….see….she’s one of those…you know…a Do-Gooder…yeah, they actually exist…they make the world a better place and for whatever the reason,, the BIG GUY up there assigned her to spend eternity with me probably hoping her example might lead me to change my ways…someone better tell HIM it was a good thought but…like the old saying goes.. it’ll be a cold day in ….never mind.. its also been said…HE is a patient man…hope HE has a lot of patience and a sense of humor too...

Anyhow…she finds these lost souls of the world the way I find great country cruising roads… I find mine with open eyes…she finds hers with an open heart….

So while she visit’s the gift shop to restock, I walk the grounds to thank a certain SOMEONE for what has been a great vacation so far…yep…even on this sacred ground…its still all about me…just the facts…

Guess you could consider a visit here a bit of history too…

But theres a bit our our history here too…see…a few years back…we spent a weekend here at xmas…it was like waking up in a Lifesize replica of a Norman Rockwell Xmas Village painting…people bustling about…happy…merry…courteous…anyhow... part of the weekend experience was the xmas tree lighting on Friday nite where a large group gathered and after the official lighting took place…we all strolled down main street holding candles leading to the monestary where we would all say a special holiday prayer and then sing xmas carols…..still can't believe I actually took part in this…remember that logic that I do for her and hopefully she does for me…never mind….

Anyhow this is where the caroling/prayer part took place….

She…the other half ...remembers that we shared that moment as something romantic, religious, we were led there by SOMEONE more powerful….to show us the way....

I, on the other hand, remember that moment as cold, crowded, noisy and my forever searching for a sign from that SOMEONE more powerful to also show me the way…

But that was then and today is now…and with warmer temps, an opportunity to walk the grounds...

Many paths lead to many places and as I enee meanie miny moe it…I start on my journey…come to many a crossroad ...

and let a certain SOMEONE show me the way…first stop I come to….

good reminder…wonder if I would have been asked to walk along…to be one of the few…the chosen…didn’t think so either…but hey…stranger things have happened…

further down the path I notice light at the end of the path…wonder if this is where it all ends…

Get to the end and look right ...Yep ...could see myself spending eternity just paddling up a calm stream

Look left…reality…tourist…business’s ...chaos...

Reminders that nothing is ever big enough…better get back to the path …

happen to come upon another reminder that we need to stop and enjoy the simple things in life...

Notice who’s doing the pushing…I believe in a certain book…it was said …HE created her to serve man…could have sworn I read that in there somewhere…

anyway…moving along…ah yes…another reminder..

why I took this stroll…something about thanking a certain SOMEONE for what today has brought…and for what last nite brought and the nite before that brought…and hopefully what tonite might bring....

Somehow I think those thoughts in mind might be wiser to keep between him and me and not in mixed company so lets just keep moving…he’ll understand...

finally get to the end which brings me to the chapel

where I take the opportunity to go inside and say a special prayer for a special friend who recently left us....…

and so with priorities in order...the important things accomplished ....for me as well as her...we decide its time to move on...

Yes…HE does work in mysterious ways…a prayer of thanks for leading me here as I leave the grounds…

Like I said earlier…Kennebunkport is one of those towns you see in paintings..close knit streets with that old new England flair…people friendly...dog friendly…

alk

even car friendly…walk out in front of one…they stop…smile and wait for you to cross…never happen in the big apple….

Anyway while she shops I people watch...

And after seeing this for some reason I feel its time for lunch…..

many fine dining establishments line the streets and since it will be my choice and unfortunately my treat...well theres this one...

Or this one…

Been to this one a few times…got written up in one of those mags…turned out to actually be pretty good and reasonable…

but... since its looks like its going to be coming out of my pocket…for obvious reasons... this one catches my eye...

Yep…browsing the menu…

Quick service…

Her salad was good…my sausage something or other was filling but lacked something... then again, there was that romantic ambience...

1 star dining…get what you pay for…

Back to the streets..they call this art…

I call it …we’ll this is a family site so I can’t really print what I would call it….lets call it different…

moving on...

Could of sworn I saw them in Ogunquit…you know that gender friendly town…

Waiting to cross the street , I get an idea for my future retirement business endeavor…

Gotta give the guy credit…if you’re going to go under…what a way to go under….

Now I realize there are those that also like me live in a world where its all about me...
They shop here..

usually drive one of these...

And make sure they let others know what they have is not like the rest....

Waiting for the wife I wander down an alley and get a gentle reminder from a certain SOMEONE what could be waiting for me in the hereafter if I don’t consider making a few changes…

one of those hmmmm moments….

Actually got a chance to get my wife to be foolish enough to stand in front of this so I could tell her I just wanted a picture of her from days gone past…

many days gone past…she finally got it…think at that point it was an accepted fact it was going to be an 0 for____ nite…wife does often tell me I need to think before I speak…whatever…..

Got some entertainment watching this guy try to park between 2 cars...

Took about 12 minutes and multiple attempts before calling it quits…needs to live in NY city for a month…one move…six inches from the curb…yes…rewards of learning to live in a big city…car may not still be there when you get back but….

Caught a glimpse of this…

the tattoo on her arm of course...

You did see the tattoo…right…look again….how about that…there it is…pigs...all of you....

And for the rest of you pigs out there..a pretty smile to go with that tattoo…

So another fun day and we head to the beach to relax and listen to the sound of the ocean …

when we got back to the homestead... that special lady of mine suggests we take a ride along the coast ... on the c90.

So cruising the coast...savoring the moment ...I go back to an earlier thought…about a certain SOMEONE who likes to fish ...and maybe I was looking it all all wrong…maybe HE just gave me the gift of making sure I caught the right fish that was meant for me…

Tip of the hat to you…BIG GUY.

till tommorrow.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Nice "ink"!!

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I like the Harley life preserver.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Dennis, I think I married your wife's sister. Does she have a sister? Hopefully they can meet at the BBQ.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts