Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
that time of year...been doing Columbus Week riding vacation for around a dozen or so years...stay at a nice resort...Village of Loon...

at the base of the Kanc...spend the week enjoying the foilage show and searching for new roads to explore. Last few years, the wife who now rides with me, has come to appreciate why I look forward so much to this vacation. This year she has her best friend joining us so her riding will be limited to probably one outing with me...her loss...shame...

be leaving tomorrow...early of course...ususally meet a few here from the northeast in NH for lunch, afterward we enjoy a ride led by Pete, this year the lunch will be done on my way home, saturday, the 12th and unfortunately Pete will have to just settle for lunch for obvious reasons...another shame...

now looking ahead to the weather forecast shows hi's of 50's pretty much the norm for the week...possibility of rain here and there...have been luckier in the past with warmer temps and while able to dress for the colder temps, thank you Gerbings...will be more concerned and focused on falling wet leaves scattering thruout the roads. Last years trip which normally has this

unfortunately had to be delayed till late October and had me leaving the mc home as this

decided to come early to the area...

...so not going to complain about some wet leaves of colder temps...looking forward, will be taking pictures and my useless mindless dribble to add to the weeks posting. Time to start packing. Till tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
8,929 Posts
Dennis, would you mind if I moved this thread to the "Stories from the Road" sub-forum? It'll stay around longer that way than if it stays in General Motorcycle Discussion, IMHO.

Have a *great* trip!!

--Chris

·
Super Moderator
20,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dennis, would you mind if I moved this thread to the "Stories from the Road" sub-forum? It'll stay around longer that way than if it stays in General Motorcycle Discussion, IMHO.

Have a *great* trip!!

--Chris

sure...I should have started there in the first place. Its a guy thing...always putting things in the wrong place.

·
Super Moderator
20,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trying to move it myself...no luck...again...guy thing...like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole...

·
Super Moderator
20,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok...thread moved...and took less time than a cup of coffee...easy enough when you use some common sense...then again, that may have been the problem all along...:roll:

·
Super Moderator
20,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
saturday...oct 5.....

and so it begins...but before I do, first things first...add a little info to the title of this thread just because...

also a word to the wise and perhaps someone new to my thread viewing, anyone reading any of my posts on any trip I take will be sadly disappointed if they are expecting to see beautiful landscape, foilage turning colors, etc...want to see that ...google New England in the fall...you'll find what you are expecting to see here...one has to consider the source with my threads and learn to expect the unexpected...

enough of that.... lets get started...

first pit stop finds me still in Ct heading north and have to make a u-turn to get this

both moto guzzi's...must be a select riding club

late start has me anticipating getting to Lincoln,Nh by dark so its pretty much, ride, look and unless its really pic worthy, lets not tempt fate...

great day to ride...70's, clear and traffic riding friendly, at the 44 mile marker north of the Mass/NH line on on rt 93, I begin to see occasional shades in the landscaping...bout time, nothing spectacular, will save those pic stops for later in the week...

10 miles further north, in need of a bladder empty stop and a refill of my coffee mug, I take the Laconia exit where I come across this

now for all the women out there wondering what to get for their someone special this xmas...at that mileage, it should still be sitting where it now sits...unfortunately guys, considering the percentage of women who still find any interest in anything I post considering my reference to the other gender, lets just say it was a good try...

15 miles outside of Lincoln darkness replaces daylight, about what I expected, reach my destination and head to my unit where my wife and her best friend are awaiting my arrival...good day...great ride....till tomorrow gang.

·
Registered
632 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,628 Posts
Should have horse traded for the space ship. Who knows, maybe the Mrs will sneak back and get it for you for Christmas.

You kids stay safe and have fun.

·
Super Moderator
20,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There's no wonder why she brought a friend along this year. :biglaugh:

She'll be there next year too. :wink2:
you could have a valid point...surprised...2 times in one riding season you posted something with some credibility...

·
Super Moderator
20,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sunday...oct 6

up early...have to be in Meredith to catch a boat for a champagne brunch the wife has on the agenda for today...on the road by 8:30 for a 10am reservation...funky looking day...raw...cloudy...hope the brunch is good...hungry...

Get there on time, board the boat,

pour a coffee and head for the food...if nothing else I'm gonna eat well..

not a bad spread...

return to the tins more than I should have...it's a guy thing...kudos to the wife....

shame the scenery isn't as good...

no color...

one of those hmmmmm things I guess...not complaining...weeks early...
hopefully get back in time to get a ride in.

Cruise finishes by 12:30...back to the base by 2:15 after making 1 stop at some overpriced antique shop...

of course water starts to fall from the sky...why wouldn't it...suppose to rain tommorrow...would have been nice if the rain could have waited till I got back from a quick ride...yeah sure...whatever...

guess it'll be a NFL Day...Jets already lost 31-6...yep...just one of those days...think I'll just go back to bed, wake up again and realize it was just a bad dream...Groundhog Day anyone...

Maybe if I'm lucky, the Zeuss will throw me a bone tommorrow and give me some window of riding time...will hope for the best.

·
Super Moderator
20,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no brainer...can't do any worse than what she has subjected herself to since 68...wouldn't blame her …. still....

·
Super Moderator
20,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
monday...Oct 7...

looks like The Zeuss had a bad weekend...thank you Lady Z, I'm sure you figured into that somewhere...and will make some of us pay for it with continous rain forecasted for the day...don't mind sacrificing 1 day, rest of the week gives promising hope... even tho cloudy conditions seem to be the order of the week...just let me ride & I'll be more than happy.

so, looks like the day will be a Lazy Day & Monday to be spent in the fitness center and multiple sessions in the hot tub...hopefully the ladies will join me in the Hot Tub where I can find some way to get into some sort of innocent trouble...

on the agenda for the week will be to put together a ride or two for next years Yankee Rally...later gang. BTW...there's a mountain out there somewhere...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts