Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,010 Posts
Did you Chris?
No, thank the good Lord.

But the Facebook page of the Mount Washington Cog Railway shared this picture today, and encouraged people to drive carefully.

Reactions: beezer

·
Super Moderator
21,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
saturday...october 17

so woke up to this

and kinda understand why maybe THE BIG RIDER UP THERE had me leave the ride home...

Loading up the car to go home, I found myself almost glad I had no choice but to be riding with the other half in a dry warm vehicle vs bundled up in clothes dressed for 30 degree temps mixed with rain for a 4 hour ride home...in other words, just an ugly raw day...not the made for order type day one likes when cruising the hiways at 70 mph...did I say rain...add some wind to that also...lotsa wind...

Out of the unit and off the grounds by 10, heading to the main hiway. reflect back on a week and realize that if it had to be enjoyed w/o the ride, it really went better than expected...pretty much "play the hand you've been dealt"... crazy weather and all... be happy to be able to get away and appreciate the fact I have someone to enjoy these trips with...too often something I take for granted....shame on me also for that.

Got to spend some time with a good friend Bob and his wife Sherri... local residents here in the White Mts.and another reminder of not only the enjoyment I have gotten over the years from riding, but also the friendships I have made along the way...kudos to this forum for giving me the opportunity to meet those people as well as all the other friendships I have had the pleasure to make.

50 mile south of the mountains the sun breaks and I start to watch the temps begin to climb...we stop for lunch on the NH border and as we fill our stomachs Barb notices folks exiting from the store next door bags and boxes in hand ...some sort of liquor store...more like a liquor and wine supermarket and needless to say one last opportunity for Barb to fill another cart... and find me trying to find places in the car to stash each bottle...each bottle...really..how about mucho bottles...those who know Barb, know she really doesn't drink...so safe to say I think she is pretty well set till 2025...moving on... by the time we hit Mass we've gone from low 30's to low 50's and sunny...finally making it home with one last detour to Hartford for a covid test, needed to visit her father in the nursing home he resides in on Long Island. Been making that a weekly chore for a month now...if you don't come in with the proper documentation that shows you've been tested and received negative results, you won't be allowed to visit....the world we live in right now...not complaining...you do whatever it takes to see those you care about.

Get home by 4:30...good to be home. Decide to check on the fuse tommorrow..at worst have AAA tow the bike to the shop on monday. Overall a good week... saw some color...saw some snow...saw some bikes...even sat on some bikes...ate well...relaxed alot... got back to the gym routine... visited some old sites...found some new sites...didn't see any moose...but did return home with the car loaded with stuff Barb believes she had to buy. WTF...its only money....would have made a nice down payment tho on one of those rides we sat on...whatever. Till next year.

·
Super Moderator
21,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Oy, Dennis, did you get snow overnight??!!??
only visible in the mt tops...can imagine at the top of Mt Washington where that pic was probably taken there was quite a bit...still...October...Snow...up there...anythings possible.

·
Registered
21,285 Posts
Nicely put. Sounds like a good time and thanks for sharing. Just glad you didn't share you in your speedos.

·
Super Moderator
21,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
that would have been scarier than riding home in a snow storm...

·
Registered
21,285 Posts
Our eyes and mental stability are safe for a while longer.

Reactions: DCinCT

·
Super Moderator
9,010 Posts
only visible in the mt tops...can imagine at the top of Mt Washington where that pic was probably taken there was quite a bit...still...October...Snow...up there...anythings possible.
I'm glad it didn't stick to the roads and make your trip home treacherous. <Whew>

Reactions: DCinCT

·
Super Moderator
21,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
You've got another riding pal named Bob too :)
wouldn't trade his friendship for the world either...a shoo fly pie maybe...place wouldn't be the same w/o you...still a pita tho.

·
Super Moderator
21,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
sure can...but what about the feeling in my back...

·
Super Moderator
21,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I like that. Your funny for the day quota has been met.

·
Super Moderator
60,463 Posts
It's real. What do you think that picture represents Dudley? A blind man can see why it was drawn. You as usual just don't get it ;)

They walk among us and they're allowed to vote. Sad :(

·
Super Moderator
21,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
yes we do.

·
Super Moderator
21,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
yes and then turning it over to the ones higher power who will point them in the right direction, which in this case has me walking on the other side of the street you walk on...which btw...see that side, your side of the street ...getting very dark, gloomy, clouds of doom hovering overhead...a place very few people are presently walking on...must be lonely over there.

·
Super Moderator
60,463 Posts
I can't believe you turned this into a political thread knowing that most Dems in the last administration for 8 years should be in jail.
My side of the street is dark? Have you seen the difference between Trump rallies and Biden rallies? Biden's are anemic. Ha don't let those fake polls fool you ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
last thing I wish to discuss is politics...rather have you try to convince me that Barbs infatuation with HD's actually has some merit...

41 - 60 of 66 Posts