Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
59,913 Posts

So what did we decide to plop the little lady on?

·
Registered
21,078 Posts
Thats my kind of bike.... built in weenie warmer.

Reactions: DCinCT

·
Super Moderator
21,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
she was drawn to the HD's...had to laugh when I showed her that sticker on the HD trike.

·
Super Moderator
59,913 Posts
I thought that trike was pretty reasonable considering my bike was $24,000 in 2012.

·
Super Moderator
21,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
not going to happen in my lifetime...at least not for a mc....not that I'm not worth it...although ...I'm not.

·
Super Moderator
21,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Thursday...Oct 15th

another beautiful sunny day with temps hitting hi 60's...in other words...another great day to be riding...but be what it is. the riding will again be done in the car...crying again over spilled milk...sorry...whatever...being that guy, I tell Barb " its your day..whatever/wherever you want to do"... damn fool doesn't realize its an empty gesture and puts together an itenerary for the day...serves me right...quickly learn the days plans will be heading west to Vermont... so take a few minutes to check on the Corn Maze hours I talked about the other day...figure I'll at least have that to look forward to...check their site to check on their hours and bingo...closed for the season...of course its closed...why wouldn't they be closed for the season...only something I wanted to do...not like there isn't lots of season left for such outdoor activities and yet, they're closed...does it require a large staff... no...takes 1 person to take peoples money and point them to the maze entrance...why do I find myself looking overhead searching for that certain cloud thats been making my life miserable lately...whatever....

so we're out of the place before 11 and we head west towards Vt...come across this

and figure no better way to start the day secretly wishing once she's on, she won't be able to get off...fat chance...even finds a few minutes to see how this fits...

the kid in all of us...

finally get to first stop on the days list

she's been here before...I haven't...quickly realize I'm glad I brought along something to read...

nice place really, especially for those with some baking skills...

typical specialty store with a large variety of items

that of course will require some time to look at, compare, and contemplate worth buying...

got love a place thats dog friendly

so I take a few minutes for my daily history lesson

even watch some part of the process ...

turns out they also give classes

decide to go looking for her to see where we're at...

pretty much what I expected...

bought her one of those mixers a few years back for xmas...

...gets alot of use...I benefit from the good meals she prepares with it ...so...
good investment...

she mentioned the other day something about needing a new rolling pin...see this display

and then see what they cost

Barnum & Bailey...you'd be proud...lets hope she doesn't also see the display...

xmas is right around the corner...maybe an apron

to go with the 37 of them she has already...pass

we guys have our foolish expenditures, so I guess its only fair women do too...I tell her to have fun. enjoy herself and I head outside to do some reading...

about an hour later, I notice a shopping cart approaching...

and to soften my shock...she wisely made a pit stop by the door

and loaded up some munchies for the trip to the next stop...

we depart the grounds and for the next half hour I pretend to listen to whatever she is telling me about what she bought, and soon enough we are reaching the 2nd part of the days plans

Been to the sister store on Rt 100...this one 3 times bigger...I stay in the car reading while she fills another cart and an hour later we are heading home.

On the whole, a nice day...sometimes it really should be all about her...and considering what she has to put up with on the whole... me...its a small price to pay.

·
Registered
21,078 Posts
It's nice that you did something for your better half. Be careful with the rolling pins, those ones will leave funny impressions on your skull.

·
Super Moderator
21,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
better the impressions than the lumps...

·
Super Moderator
21,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
friday..oct 16th...

another rainy day...no bike so it really doesn't matter... been pretty much wearing the human waste product costume again since getting out of bed...maybe head out later...maybe not...might as well head over to the fitness center and wake up these aching joints...later.

·
Super Moderator
59,913 Posts
So you didn't get any body paint for the occasion? You never listen! :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
21,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
no body paint...probably a good idea to hit the local cvs and get something for the soreness I'm going to be feeling soon having just returned from visiting the resort fitness gym...and fwiw...nobody ever listens to you.

·
Super Moderator
21,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
ok...so decided to actually head to the fitness center/gym whatever one wants to call it.....as per the usual...empty ...so won't have to worry about embarrasing myself in public...have used it on occasion over the 14 years we've been coming here..sometimes using it to jump start my '''ok summers over...time to get back to the gym" ritual that sometimes works...sometimes I say...maybe next visit...looks like this year...the pandoras box to soreness and pain has been opened...

start with some cardio...like that...cardio...yeah I even got the lingo down...impressed huh....yeah...whatever...put on the golf channel and spend 30 minutes doing the hip hop from treadmill to bike to eliptical...

surprisingly still breathing after that... move onto the next room

and spend the next 40 minutes reintroducing myself to the machines and dumb bells...keeping it light and simple...

finish up...feeling pretty good on the whole...and as I head back to the room pass thru the indoor pool/spa area, notice because of the covid scenerio both of the hot tubs are not available...

shame...always a good way to finish a decent workout...

but both of the indoor pools fortunately are open...

so got a few hours before they shut them down for the nite so hopefully the other half will be interested in joining me.

·
Super Moderator
59,913 Posts
Explain to me why you are there now instead of during the Yankee Rally and with Barb as well. Just curious as I'm probably not the only one with this thought. I didn't see any masks being worn either.

Hypocricy I tell you!

·
Super Moderator
21,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
as for the masks...any public place we visited, a mask was required...stores, restaurants, whatever...even inside National Powersports they required it as well as their staff..back in June there was no way Barb was going to put herself in a situation where she would be socializing in a large group especially with people coming from many different areas...she left my going or not as to my decision...you already know why I made that decision and would make the same decision today. Sucked missing the rally, but each individual has to do what they fell is in the best interest of not only themselves but others as well...in this group, I think everyone understands and accepts that. And as you have seen. I didn't go into a bubble.. wasn't afraid to get together with others here for lunch or a ride...fwiw...my son is presently in Virgina and it breaks my heart the numbers there right now have me telling him I can't in good conscience go visit...my daughter in Tenn with also high numbers tells me folks there, mostly the tourists don't respect the mask idea, don't social distance and hard as it is for her tells me its not really safe. Everyone Beez is handling this differently and I don't second guess why anyone does what they do. The shame is its not going away anytime soon...if it does thats great but my guess is, get use to how we are living right now cause it could be the norm for a while. Sucks to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
59,913 Posts
Give Barb a big hug and smooch from me for now. I'll slobber on her at the Christmas party in person :)

·
Super Moderator
21,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
she loves you too...why I don't know...its not like she's a blonde...totally clueless.. She should know better.

·
Super Moderator
59,913 Posts
Because bustin' your chops is a full time job and she needs help ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
true...she's not the ball busting type...good enough reason to make sure I appreciate how lucky I am to have her.

·
Super Moderator
8,992 Posts
Oy, Dennis, did you get snow overnight??!!??

21 - 40 of 62 Posts