Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
that time of the year again, time to spend a week with the Lady Chimp cruising the White Mts of NH and enjoying the color show this time of year here in New England. Missed our summer Yankee Rally here due to the Covid but figured at least I had this week to help losing out on that trip. Needless to say, like everything else going kapoot this year and screwing up everyone elses plans, no sooner did I leave my house saturday morning to head here that my c90 decided to join the Kapoot list and found me leaving it home and joining my wife in the car for the trip up. Not complaining, a little disappointed but if thats the worst thing to worry about, I'm alot better off than many others who's lives have been totally thrown out of whack.

so...that said, no reason not to still follow past history sharing my week with you with senseless photos as well as trivial mindless bs, that like my life, goes in a direction that makes little if any sense...

sunday..oct 11

out of the room before 10 to meet fellow Vol brother ChromeDome and his wife Sherri

to enjoy a breakfast catching up on whats been going on this crazy year. Great way to start the day as well as the vacation , good local breakfast place we have brunched at in the past and before parting ways after we finish, visit local shop next door where I purchase

with the intention of hanging it in the shower to surprise Barb when she pulls back the curtain...yeah I know..childish prank, totally juvenile...guys gotta get a life...whatever...with no mc to enjoy the week...give me a pass will ya...

so we part ways and searching for new roads to cruise for next year, we come across this and have to stop...

almost tempted to put it in park and get inside to see what it offers but barb reads me well enough to know to tell me "don't even think about it".... women...they just don't understand the male mentality...then again, how could they...they also don't understand why we enjoy the 3 Stooges as much as we do...whatever... I take the pic and we move on...

find us driving down a quiet road that eventually turns into a dirt road that normally would have me making a u-turn but wtf...we're in a car...keep going...see where it leads...no where really,,,eventually back to a paved road but before we get to a main road again have to stop for this pic...

must be really pretty when the colors are here which by the way I don't expect to see much of, at least not on this trip...lookls like its come already and took no prisoners...but I'll hope to get something...anything to compare previous years to...

on we go, and somewhere past Franconia Notch, I see a few of these

and remember back a few years ago I went to an indoor rock climbing gym with my son and daughter where I took a rock climbing 101 course, all 60 minutes of it and then spent the next 90 minutes

lot of fun...didn't break my head or any other part of me and needless to say every time I see one of those, I'l almost tempted to pull over and see what I can do...I mean...how hard can it really be...I've done that...been there...well maybe not there but gotta think poisitive...same principle..right...just a bigger scale...a much bigger scale...one might even call it one of those hmmmmmm things....maybe nex time...

heading home, pass this

and have barb click away to say I actually did get to do some riding in something other than the car...piece of cake really...shame it only moved in my mind....miss the mc...is what it is...till tommorrow.

·
Super Moderator
21,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Monday...Oct 12th

Suppose to be a nice day...high 50's, maybe even low 60's, would have been a good day for riding but lets not rehash what can't be changed. Grab a coffee and head out to the deck to check the weather as well as any color changes...

going to be a hit & miss finding color pics today but if nothng else gives me purpose to get out and enjoy whats available. Hey...whens breakfast ?...women...totally useless...

Funny how when the mc isn't an option how one drags to find the door and a few minutes on the upswing of noon I'm grabbing another coffee, the camera and the car keys to begin the days journey...

No real direction, just drive, find something colorful to stop and take a pic... a few miles outside of Lincoln

Noticed in town whle heading out most weekend visitors/leaf peepers have headed home...nice to have less traffic to share the road with...

Early into the drive comparing the colors I see versus previous years, my gut tells me its going to be one of those weeks to appreciate what you see when you see it...on the whole, past history of vacations here have been on the plus side, so can't really complain when mother nature says
"sorry but you'll just have to understand this year it been a bad year..."
in other words... mother nature is at the time of her month and....nevermind.....like I said...women...I didn't say that...

Pretty much stay on the back roads where I do come across a few spots worth stopping for

as well as some other things that catch my eye...

have passed this house over the years and have often wondered just how much house does one need..the garage alone

makes my house look like a shed you store your riding lawn mower in...probably invested in Apple stock back in their infacy...kudos to the owner whatever he did to be able to own it.....

back to the road and come upon another photo opportunity

continue on and find myself entering the town of

Funny how certain names trigger certain memories and if you were going thru puberty and finding your manhood back in the 60's...like myself...it would bring back memories of ditching the baseball digest and sports illustrated mags in favor of a certain magazine that provided colorful images of a certain gender. Of course you'd remember Barbi Benton...

who would quickly become the measuring stick all playmates would be judged against...she was the queen, unlike all the other who would you do? ...
Ginger Vs MaryAnn...the Petticoat Junction girls...Betty Joe vs Billie Joe vs Bobby Joe..
.nope..in her case...she would always be considered the number 1 playmate, The Queen of all the playmates... the rest competing for number 2...no argument...it was just understood and accepted...leave it to Hugh Hefner....the man was a genius...

And I'm sure if I look hard enough, I could find that issue somewhere in a box of things I saved while growing up...

so much for memories, and as expected, my first detour into the gutter didn't take long...for those new to my threads, as you can see, these threads don't always have anything to do mc related...like I said earlier, useless pointless jibberish...some might even say sick & twisted..some might even add perverted but since there is no mention of sheep anywhere, I'd have to disagree with that addition... in the end, consider the source of where the thread comes from and it will make it easier to understand why it is what it is...past history will show several detours into the gutter can be expected, and fwiw,,,some of the followers of my threads...I refer to them as The Peanut Gallery...

would feel cheated if the thread didn't make several trips there...which btw... membership is now open to become a member of the peanut gallery...yearly dues are only a banana...feel free to join...

so continuing on another shot worth stopping for

when you think about it...today...Columbus Day...National holiday...state workers, govt workers whatever you want to consider Postal Workers as...keep it clean now...they all get the day off..so why not cows...whatever...

got some great riding roads here in the white mts...woth a trip here if you haven't had the pleasure and be aware not only does one have to be on the lookout for

but also

this should be kept in the back of ones mind...will do just as much damage...

pass this

which gives me an idea of how to spend a day later in the week...theres a giant corn maze in Danville Vt...

every year I say we are going to go...never make it either...probably follow suit again but really no reason not to go now...would make for some interesting pics too...we'll see...

so, find myself heading back where I find myself entering the neighboring town of where I am staying

and if you're wondering if this is where

happened back in 1969....sorry ...about the best form of entertainment you'l find here is

and believe it or not...a nice place to spend the afternoon..

on the whole...a nice day...would have been a great day to ride but no sense

call it a day, head back, find the bathing suit and hit the indoor pool...till tommorow gang.
'

·
Super Moderator
60,054 Posts
Barbi Benton was cute in her day. I thought Olivia Newton John was the cutest female singer at one time. Now you can go most anywhere and find more beautiful wimmen and a half an hour later find a prettier one yet. Oh yeah, life goes on.....

·
Super Moderator
60,054 Posts
Not to mention the wimmen probably look at men the same way.

·
Super Moderator
21,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They have their needs too...not enough Beezers going around to keep them all satisfied...need to clone yourself Bob.

·
Super Moderator
21,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tuesday...Oct 13th

Sure its not Friday the 13th...Rain rain and more rain the forecast for today...why not...about par for this trip...but its only rain...stroll out to the deck and yep

of course...this time they get it right...

so maybe see if the fitness center they have here has changed any...I know this aging 68 year old body changes every day...going from bad to worse to even more worse if thats even possible, unexplainable aches & pains pretty much a common every day scenerio...and from the way this vacation has started it probably may be wiser to avoid any activity that could prove The Beezer Black Cloud Curse does indeed have some legitmacy...guess we'll find out one way or the other...after breakfast of course... if a certain someone sharing this unit here decides to ever get out of bed and familiarize herself with that thing they call a kitchen...like I said...women & useless...like peanut butter & jelly...goes hand in hand.

·
Registered
21,126 Posts
You better hope she doesn't see that. Anyway, without the bike it means more time you can spend with her going thru the endless "Treasure" shops in ALL the local burgs. Think about what that time would be like if she saw your last post.

·
Super Moderator
21,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stayed nasty all day...did enjoy a nice breakfast...and from finding myself tired from doing nothing all day, even took a nap...now I'll probably be up all nite...never made it to the fitness center... pretty much one of those lazy hazy crazy days of autumn... not complaining... remember all the times I wish I had a chance to spend a day doing just what I did today...serving no useful purpose...just occupying space... otherwise known as being a human waste product.

·
Super Moderator
60,054 Posts
Should bring some body paint for these kinds of days Juggy.

·
Administrator
16,375 Posts
I've finally figured out the black cloud of doom that follows you. It's not because you don't leave enough in the basket on Sunday....it's the dam gatorade incident.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
It is all looking good!

·
Super Moderator
21,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Wednesday...Oct 14

8:30
...finally up and out of bed .. suprisingly the coffee pot is what its suppose to be...full...already starting the day on a positive note...kudos to the lady chimp...

pour a cup and head to the deck where I find the sun doing what its suppose to be doing...shining brightly offering many like myself the opportunity to get out and enjoy another beautiful day here in New England.

Don't know what the days agenda will be...doesn't really matter...this vacation has always been a wing it, spin the dial and whatever direction the arrow points is where the journey begins...some options...

1. head south to Pembroke and visit National Powersports
2. head west to Vermont and get lost in a Corn Maze
3. head north and try to find what color that may be left
4. head east on the kanc towards conway and let the other half expore the shops...

ok...a breakdown of the options...

1. pembroke...interesting option...will fuel Barbs debate that maybe its time to replace the present ride...give her a chance to sit on some other rides and see what fancies her desire...

2. Corn Maze...would be a nice drive thru the western end of the NH thru the small towns, finally making it to the corn maze where I could somehow get seperated from the other half inside of it going left when she goes right, not being able to find her in there...eventually getting dark...I have to leave and return the next day to continue the search only to find she was dinner for one of the many bears in that area...hmmmmmmmm...

kidding of course

but lets put that option aside...

3. leaf peeping...always enjoyed riding the north end of the White Mts...especially on a day like today...just doesn't seem to feel like the thing to do today...don't know why...probably the thought of all that time in the car listening to someone sitting next to me going on and on and on about a certain someone...

scary thought...frightening thought...which btw, could be reason enough in option 2 to go left when she goes right...no jury would hang me...also be a relaxing and quiet drive back to the resort...

definitely put that option aside... option 2

4. conway
...riding the Kanc is always a great way to start the day...but when it leads to a day of doing something the other half enjoys doing...one of those

things...

the reality there being after we get to the end of the Kanc, the fun ends there for me...I'll admit it...shopping sucks...at least for me...

been to all the shops here over the years...let me repeat that...ALL THE SHOPS...don't mind the occasional pop in at a place along a ride but to park the car and start walking...nope...too nice a day...too selfish..one of those all about me

things...so unless I can interest you in purchasing a bridge that connects Brooklyn to the City for a price you won't believe, that option stands as much chance as anyone has hitting the 100 million dollar lotto jack pot...ain't gonna happen...at least not today...maybe tommorrow...or the next...but today...

lets make it simple...don't think so. Feel free to give that idea a good flush.

so ...pour another cup of coffee and consider the options

we'll see...later gang.

·
Super Moderator
60,054 Posts
Did you pick up any body paint today because I heard it's supposed to rain up there tomorrow?

·
Registered
21,126 Posts
He's already painted Black and Blue.

·
Super Moderator
21,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rain friday...tommorrow luch again with ChromeDome and then Barbs choosing...see... I can be that guy...not often enough but don't want to spoil her either.

·
Super Moderator
21,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
wed... oct 14th... cont'd.....

finally got the show on and out before noon...don't understand why it takes the other gender forever to get out the door...guarantee you if it was to go shopping, a certain someone would have been ready to go by 10...whatever...its her vacation too...

head down the driveway and check out the coloring

pretty much what to expect I guess...could be worse...could be raining again...but before we leave the town, we visit the local pit stop

for something to snack on while we go where the road leads...her idea ..of course...no really...her idea...

ok...finally off and running and somewhere along the way Barb notices this...

Can't believe I missed it so have to turn around and verify it really is what she say she saw...yep...sure enough...a rocket...really don't understand what that would be doing here in the middle of nowhere so a closer look tells me

ok...guess thats going to be the history lesson for the day...learn something new everyday...

moving on, detour onto some back road which gives me lots of these scenes

funny how its hit & miss but we do enjoy any opportunity we get to appreciate the beauty nature gives us this time of year..

finally make it to the destination I chose for today...National Powersports

she goes one way... I go another... and it doesn't take long before barb is drawn to her first of several choices...

have to agree, its a nice ride, low mileage, reasonably priced...could even live with the color scheme...sit on it...fits well...still trying to figure out this fascination she has with HD...and the color red...

open minded I check any and everything that might be appealing..

always found the Yamaha Venture

something I'd like to try...aside from being close to 1000 lbs, really would love to take it for a spin...

found quite a few sport tourers I would love to have considered, from fjr's to bmw's to concourses, this one caught my eye as well..

Triumph if I remember correctly...again, another one I would love to test ride...had a nice selection of them too...

place did have a few wings, all 2 of them, and after sitting on them brought back memories of years ago I sat on one curious as to the feel and found myself with absolutely no leg room, a problem with my long legs...even trying to figure out where to put pegs further up and out wasn't possible on the models they had here, so owning a wing may turn into a wish that won't be fullfilled. Shame but maybe the newer models are more long leg comfort friendly...

Barb in her search meanwhile found other considerations...some realistic...some not so realistic

will admit it had a beautiful paint job...

had to click this pic of a Ducati

problem with this one was I would need to find a place to carry a step stool for getting on and getting off...

in the end tho, there really wasn't "that bike" that really made the statement, didn't make me want to sign on the dotted line...nice place...lots of nice rides...in all models...but this being a place where they go out as fast as they come in, its about timing to shop here.

Also keeping in mind now it may not be long before something with more than 2 wheels may be required to continue riding, I may have to start sitting on a few of these too

and fwiw...this was originally a 2 wheeler turned 3 wheeler...

so we bid good bye and headed to another dealership we passed on the way to see what they had also...interesting place selling different types of toys...found 4 interesting...

first one..2 wheels...

and this one even had my name on it...one of those hmmmmmmm things....

second one...3 wheels

nice but definitely no cigar....

almost as much as what I paid for my first house and that came with 3 bedrooms and a bath not to mention a kitchen...and yet someone will buy it...scary thought

3rd one...saw this

and thought it would be great for the wife...see..its not all about me...

she however found her own idea of fun

good fit too...got me to thinking maybe one for me to ride with her...

so we left there empty handed and accepted the fact that for today appreciate
what we already have and when its meant to be it will be...

Nice day overall..almost hit 70...dreamed a little...laughed alot...Call it a day...

one last pic...

till tommorrow.

·
Super Moderator
60,054 Posts
Those leaves are changing because those trees are dying. They're dying because of covid.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts