Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetins’ folks new member here (probably obvious right?).
Just acquired a semi-wrecked 05’ C50 it looked sad and I am need of a project that has an end benefit (ie working machine to use), anyways (yes I am terrible at grammar and punctuation and have a sordid love affair with parenthesis).

Back to topic bike was in pretty sorry shape starts up with jump assist from a 12v source. Solution battery replaced.

Misc. dents dings and scratches.
Solution... live with em???

No front turn signals.
Solution install new turn signals.

Right rear turn signal broken hanging by wire.
Solution epoxy. (This poor machine will never return to showroom quality but I can make it a functional machine again)

Left side cover missing (over the useless tool??? Box).
Solution fabricate a cover probably of leather shape and boil hole punch snaps in and epoxy the other side of the snaps to the inside of the (tool?)box.

Speedo no backlight or N light.
Solution check signal fuse first (yes I did some reading here and that looks like most common cause)

Machine has salvage title.
Solution fix above things and get inspected to gain “rebuilt” title.

Anyways yeah I’m a truck driver from Dayton and this is my second bike and I’m open to answering questions since I’m no good at this whole self introduction/biography thing.

Take care drive safe don’t cut off semis-Fifth.

·
Registered
19,922 Posts
Greetings from Indiana. You're something special. Most would've looked at it and walked away. Hope you get it fixed and rideable . There's plenty here to answer your questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the greeting scorpion46 as for getting it fixed and rolling under own power again (legally rolling) that’s just a matter of time just little piddly things on the list above, it’ll happen just a spare time thing workin 55-60 hours a week and a weekend a month so times a resource. I’ll get some pictures of it up next time I get home to it. I did get the battery swapped and a really ugly but cheap turn signal installed but now wired yet. Knew I needed to read a wiring diagram first and that is a really long way of sayin thanks to the folks here who post info like that for poor souls like me who just want to make things right (I did find the diagram btw hooray)

Tl:dr thanks for the greeting

Fifth

·
Super Moderator
24,473 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Our monkey prefers ellipses to parenthesis.

Speaking of which, don't feed him. We're trying to discourage him from begging.

·
Super Moderator
20,088 Posts
welcome...sounds like you got an interesting project ahead of you...will be interesting to see how it comes along...keep us in the loop with your progress...good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome Whiskey and DCinCT... you is some fine folks and don’t worry I’ll get some pictures hopefully in about 10 hours...current (overly ambitious) projection has it running legally in 6 weeks. I’m happy to have a machine to work on again my last bike was also a...?rescue?

·
The Village Idiot
5,013 Posts
Welcome from Cincinnsucki, your neighbor to the South. My old man is a retired OTR. Welcome to the site. No bananas for the Monkey and you are pegged for a pot of coffee and ice cream all around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank jeffrobombero I appreciate the welcome and you are close enough we may see one another some day. As for working on it and pics not today weather got uncomfortable:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the speedo fixed today it was just the fuse as many many folken have done before me. Got some front turn signals installed and working ugly as the devil but functional which will get through inspection. Took it out on a test ride. It seems happy doesn’t act like it needs a whole lot more done besides prettying up the ugly bits.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts