Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three years ago, my daughter wrote an essay for an English class 'Airplane'. The teacher said that it was very good and that she might want to expand on the concept. When she need to submit an essay for a to get into a college, she used this same essay to get into Sacred Heart.

All her life she has loved the stage and singing and is an incredible person. So when the schools's theater director asked for student entries for one act plays... She entered it again after a few rewrites she was in the hunt to have it fully produced!

The play has been through three different reviews and tests. they started with thirty different plays. She made it to the finals!

So I am inviting anyone in the area of Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT to come on down and see a free play. (Details Below). I promise you that this play is not what a normal student would do. IT IS NOT A comedy. IT IS TRULY A DRAMA. A hard hitting, in your face, today's reality.

I will be probably heading to the production on the 26th.

THEATRE FEST
The second step in script development, new student-written scripts are staged and performed for a live audience. This workshop will feature the script work and performances, followed by an audience and author/director/cast discussion.

Fully Produced Show(s)
April 25-26, 2014 at 8pm

At the Little Theatre

The final step for student-written plays, this will be a fully produced version of the show, including set, costumes, props, sound and lighting.

Free admission for all Theatre Fest events

Hope to see some of you there!

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
You must be so proud! Congratulations to her! If I was in the area I'd come to see it, but, Hey, It's a little far!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts