Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

401 - 420 of 442 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh, maaan -- that's just nasty.

Do they clean off easily, like with soap and water?
They do clean off with soap and water, but not easily. It helps to get the area very wet and let it sit for a few minutes, then scrub. They will not just rinse off. I use a mesh-covered sponge. I was advised by another Floridian to use wet dryer sheets - I will have to give that a try.

·
Super Moderator
20,481 Posts
Love bug season here in Florida. If you don't know what they are, it's worth a Google. They don't bite or sting, but sure make a mess. This after a 2-hour ride. About 1/2 hour to clean up.

View attachment 145273
hope they don't cling to the riding jacket...take it you must need a helmet w/shield also...

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
lookin good Kurt...and the new digs should be a good change...btw...how close is the nearest gas station?
Thanks Dennis! Nearest anything is 8 miles. If you want selection, then it's 18 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
8 miles is next door in that kind of country...plan on coming back east anytime soon?
My office in Boston is still closed and I seriously don't expect it to reopen for anyone until mid-June and nothing resembling anything normal until mid-July. Current plans (which change regularly) call for us to head back the first week of June. Depending on my job in Boston or an offer in AZ, we could be coming back sooner or staying later. It is absolutely better for us to stay here as long as possible, health-wise.

Hope you are staying safe and all my VR family are well back east. Miss you all!

·
Super Moderator
8,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
Ha ha, there must have been a dozen of us supervising. But Jim W did the kneel-down-and-plug part, being younger and more limber than most of us. Everybody kicked in, though -- someone had a pump, someone else had a patch kit, etc.

Jim did a good job, too! That plug held really well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
We have been loving the weather this week in Michigan, when its not raining.....

I have had the '08 boulevard for 6 years- previous owner bought it new and put about 3000 miles on it in 6 years- he liked to just wash it and stare at in the driveway-seriously.

Got new Dunlops put on in April.

I just installed the National Cycle windshield and lowers here from @buckeye4990, Cobra bars from @Peter69, and Harley highway footrests via Ebay.

Every other aftermarket accessory is from the swap meet here besides the National Cycle passenger backrest, luggage rack, and passenger floorboards.

-Hard Krome American Classic pipes
-Cobra fi200R Fuel Processor
-Mustang seat, backrest and passenger seat
- T-Bag
-Viking Trion saddlebags

All in, I probably have around $4500 or so invested in the bike and it has been a pleasure to own. Easy to work on, perfect for the 2 lane cruising we like to do, and capable of extended camping trips when the time arises.

Looking forward to this summer, we are trying to plan a trip around Michigan's perimeter hitting 4/5 great lakes alternating nights camping and classy hotels.
Bike1.jpg
Bike2.jpg

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Those Cobra crash bars look good(y)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Looking forward to this summer, we are trying to plan a trip around Michigan's perimeter hitting 4/5 great lakes alternating nights camping and classy hotels.
That sounds like a great trip. I've been planning do to something similar* around Lake Erie but that's all on hold now since half the trip would be in Canada and the border is closed.
Bummer.

*Except for the classy hotels. Any hotel that would let me in wouldn't fit that definition. 😊

401 - 420 of 442 Posts