Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so 2 years ago my wife surprised me with a new communications system...Sena 10S...system we had been using,,,Scala G4... had begin to constantly go off and after trying various attempts to correct the problem without any success, we found ourselves at our local Cycle Gear and while I looked around she surprised me with a new system. Now I,m not a believer in these extended warranties...but for $14 and it extends the 2 year original warranty 2 more years I figured it was a no brainer...plus she was paying for it...again ...no brainer.

This summer I found one of the speakers in my helmet cutting out and eventually lose sound altogether. Figured I still I had one working speaker, eventually get around to it...

So yesterday putting some of the mc gear away for the season that won't be getting used till next year...mostly her stuff/gear...decided to address the speaker issue. Surprisingly found the box and more important the receipt...and headed to the store.

Guy at counter looks at the date on my receipt and says warranty expired 2 months ago...I tell him...true but I got the extended which gives me another 2 years...notices I did in fact purchase the extended plan...he nods...walks over to the case, gets out a brand new system, takes my old system and says have a good weekend. No if's, no and's, no buts...simple and smooth. Thank you Cycle Gear...btw...still have a little less than 2 years on extended warranty just in case. Have been dealing with Cycle Gear for years, spent quite a bit of money there, and never had any issues with anything I needed to return.

·
Super Moderator
25,281 Posts
I've always had similar experiences with Cycle Gear. I bought a set of their heated gloves, which came with a lifetime warranty. After a few years of use, something happened and the element in one of the fingers either became exposed or was overheating and it started to burn me on a ride. I killed the gloves and finished off the ride by cruising down to Cycle Gear. I showed the guy at the counter the gloves, explained what was going on. Much like your experience, he grabbed a new pair, gave them to me, and told me to ride safe. No questions, arguments, or even a request for a receipt. I will quickly admit that not all of their stuff is "premium", but they have a great level of customer service, and to me, that's more important.

·
Super Moderator
8,890 Posts
Wow, that's really nice!

I've never visited a Cycle Gear, which is probably a good thing for my bank account. But I've always wanted to.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My summer gloves ripped up the side. No warranty on them but they have me 20% off another pair anyways. I'd had them for 6 months so still a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
57,627 Posts
so 2 years ago my wife surprised me with a new communications system...Sena 10S...system we had been using,,,Scala G4... had begin to constantly go off and after trying various attempts to correct the problem without any success, we found ourselves at our local Cycle Gear and while I looked around she surprised me with a new system. Now I,m not a believer in these extended warranties...but for $14 and it extends the 2 year original warranty 2 more years I figured it was a no brainer...plus she was paying for it...again ...no brainer.

This summer I found one of the speakers in my helmet cutting out and eventually lose sound altogether. Figured I still I had one working speaker, eventually get around to it...

So yesterday putting some of the mc gear away for the season that won't be getting used till next year...mostly her stuff/gear...decided to address the speaker issue. Surprisingly found the box and more important the receipt...and headed to the store.

Guy at counter looks at the date on my receipt and says warranty expired 2 months ago...I tell him...true but I got the extended which gives me another 2 years...notices I did in fact purchase the extended plan...he nods...walks over to the case, gets out a brand new system, takes my old system and says have a good weekend. No if's, no and's, no buts...simple and smooth. Thank you Cycle Gear...btw...still have a little less than 2 years on extended warranty just in case. Have been dealing with Cycle Gear for years, spent quite a bit of money there, and never had any issues with anything I needed to return.
Well, as much as you guys talk it's no wonder. Kind of like a copier is rated for so many copies per month maybe you guys used your words per ride quota up. :surprise:

·
Super Moderator
20,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
she does all the talkin...never shuts up...gives me a headache..worst purchase we ever made...never understood the best part of riding is the solitude and tranquility of the open road... but the price one has to pay for having her with me...kind of a bad w/the good or good /the bad scenario. Another one of those hmmmmmm things I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Be careful what you say there Dennis. You're going to get yourself in trouble real quick. LOL

·
Super Moderator
20,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
been spending my days and nites redoing the dog house I've been in for some time now...new curtains suppose to be coming in this week...heading out for some new carpeting next...recently purchased 42in too big for the living space...giving me headaches...probably going to return for a 24-28 inch...need more heat too...so much to do...would be so much easier just learning to say less.

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
Warranties confuse me!

I always think the new item received should start the standard warranty over and you should be allowed to top up the extended warranty. :idea:

Bonus getting no hassle when you have an issue though!!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I also had my Sena warranted. Not at Cycle Gear but Sena. Advised me that some of my battery issues could be leaving the charger on after full charge. Leaving the helmet to charge overnight and waking up to a full charged unit was nice. But, Sena advises NOT to do that. Once charged, disconnect from further charging.

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
I also had my Sena warranted. Not at Cycle Gear but Sena. Advised me that some of my battery issues could be leaving the charger on after full charge. Leaving the helmet to charge overnight and waking up to a full charged unit was nice. But, Sena advises NOT to do that. Once charged, disconnect from further charging.

The same is said for cell phones which I leave plugged in overnight all the time. I have "Scala" which when fully charged, the indicator ligts turn off but maybe they should be disconnected anyway......:idea:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts