Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to be a little different on this. 09 M50 Got my hands on a spare set of pipes. Now I can just debaffle or cut holes in them or Chop the exhaust to a shorter one. I have seen it somewhere that someone had done it on a 109 I think(Used search) not even sure it was here that I had seen it. Now what I was wandering is does anyone know where in the pipes each baffle and everything is?? Was an idea maybe to cut it down but leave a baffle in it! Did I explain this right? LOL

·
Registered
19,696 Posts
The baffle runs the length of the muffler. Once you cut into it, you're committed. Gutted pipes on these pipes sound AWFUL. There are so many better ways to annoy the neighbors without hacking up a perfectly serviceable exhaust.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dabber, I got a C50 not quite a month ago, and needed more noise immediately. I cut the ends off with a sawzall and pulled the stock mufflers out in their entirety. Like others, I then cut a Thrush glasspack in half and inserted this in it's place, used self tapping screws to secure, and also used the liner from the old mufflers to make it nice and snug, without being metal on metal.

I do not have a sound clip, but there are others out there. I will tell you that no sound clip can do this mod justice. It sounds fantastic in person!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts