Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started new project today, a custom seat for the bike.

I've made the seat pan out of alloy so that's the first step.

Now I need to make the bits to fit under the tank lip and get rubber mounts to sit on the frame.

Last step will be foam and upholstery.

·
Registered
988 Posts
It is shaping up nicely OZ. Thanks for the post and Merry Christmas. Keep us posted eh?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Subscribed! Good project - I want to be doing the same in a couple weeks. You go first and I'll learn from you! Good luck.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Can't wait to see it, your ride is one of my top favorites on this site :)

Reactions: OzriderC50T

·
Registered
670 Posts
If you look at the original pictures, you will see the mounting bracket on the rear.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Looks pretty damm good to me - did you do the sewing yourself? How does she ride?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks pretty damm good to me - did you do the sewing yourself? How does she ride?
I tried sewing 2 pieces but that was too hard, this is one stretched cover with a second piece as a skirt around it. I then glued the skirt, took it off and hand sewed it on.

If all goes well I'll get a trimmer to make me a proper cover.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took it out for the first decent ride today and all went well.

The shape cradles you a lot more so not so easy to move around when the bits get numb...the seat is much lower which is good for height but forces your legs wider around the frame when pushing with your feet.

So all in all pretty good, just need to find some chrome studs at an upholstery shop to finish it off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts