Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bike that was already modified by the previous owner. One of the things he did was replace the rear turn signals with the bullet style ones and connect then to each side of the rear fender. The problem is that every time I ride, the rear turns signals don't stay put. I'll stop at a red light and look at them, and one will be pointing up and the other straight down. I asked somebody how to fix this and he gave me a pretty brief answer and didn't go into detail: something about putting a lock nut on or what have you. Anyway, can somebody give me a detailed explanation as to how I can fix this problem? I am not very handy with my hands. To get to the bolt that holds the turn signal, I have to get inside the rear fender.

·
Premium Member
14,449 Posts
Can you post a couple of pics of where they are mounted to help us help you?

Basically most after market signals have the wires running through the mounts. For example these...

So you would need to....
disconnect the wires
take the nut off under the fender
add a lock washer from a hardware store
reinstall the nut
tighten everything back up
reconnect the wires

But without seeing the exact setup that is only a guess.

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
Excellent advice from v0lusia there.

Assuming there is absolutely zero plastic involved you could just try backing off the nut and applying some Loctite to the threads and then retightening the nut. Do not get Loctite on plastic parts, oh maybe like the neck covers, or on painted surfaces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts