Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new member from Mississippi here. I have a 2007 Suzuki C50 I'm doing a slow build to bobber/ chopper style, and my main concern right now is reducing all the clunkiness on the bike. I've searched and searched for Custom switch assemblies for the handlebars, but cant seem to find anything. Have any of y'all found sleeker switch panels, or custom made some? I'm not against fabbing up my own, just need some ideas. Eventually I'm going to start chopping on the frame, converting to chain drive, narrowing frame, etc. So definitely not against fabrication.

·
Registered
21,278 Posts
You do realize that the transmission alignment does not permit a chain final drive, right? You will have to completely redesign the drive output and transmission case to accommodate your vision.

·
Super Moderator
33,888 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

The biggest upgrade I do to a bike is mounting a GPS. It does sound like you're doing a serious redesign here. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You do realize that the transmission alignment does not permit a chain final drive, right? You will have to completely redesign the drive output and transmission case to accommodate your vision.
I do, I did some research on the system and have an idea to swap out the pinion at the transmission with a pulley, run a belt to a pulley with a chain sprocket on it, and then to a final drive sprocket. The idea is to be able to switch to a bigger ratio when I know I have a long highway trip coming up.of course, it may not even work, but I’ll never know until I have it up on the stand. Even if I can’t, it’s still beneficial to attempt to slim the design.

·
Registered
21,278 Posts
In addition to the pinion gear, you'll also have to swap out the final drive gear, then fabricate a completely new engine housing to eliminate the drive shaft and permit the installation of the secondary belt drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In addition to the pinion gear, you'll also have to swap out the final drive gear, then fabricate a completely new engine housing to eliminate the drive shaft and permit the installation of the secondary belt drive.
And like I said, I’ll be doing some major Frame modifications to it anyway, so I’m gonna get new wheels and axles anyway to use a rear sprocket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts