Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Friday…

another great day...going to get lots done around here….sure...believe that and let me sell you this bridge we’ve had in the family for years…

out the door before noon, usual routine first...coffee, camera, and first stop gas. Head south, and find myself turning off the main drag leading to another one of those areas we men seem attracted to…

don’t really think I could afford the gas bill that comes with it never mind finding a way to actually pay for it… but refreshing to see that for some like us, life isn’t all work and no play...would be nice tho…

love these little New England towns where for some, a trip to the local post office,

one usually enjoys a cup of coffee with the postmaster gets an update on the local gossip, and hopefully remembers to get what they went there for…

in the limits of this town I came a cross this residence

and while I was stopped, admiring and about to take a pic, the guy hired to do the mowing/landscaping came up to me to check out my bike… nice guy...another one of those "used to ride then the kids came into the picture"...anyway, I comment on the house, tells me the best part about it, the guy who owns it, just a shot & beer type...no ego, no thumbing of the nose, down to earth guy who relizes his life could have gone in many different directions, he’s grounded, generous and treats everyone like family…..

I’d be happy to have the garage...

sometimes I have to be reminded I actually could have had to work for a living

post office has been good to me...amazing how it stays in business as poorly as its managed… not complaining...just the facts…

now if you remember yesterdays bowling ball whatever… guess if I were to look for something different for my front lawn, perhaps a stop here might present an idea…

then again...a wishing well would probably be the wiser choice…

moving on, lots of these around these neck of the woods...

fortunately or unfortunately this one either

1. had a great xmas season last year or

2. owner was paid a visit by the local Jehovah Witnesses and after sitting with them and listening to their beliefs, came away with a feeling that maybe they’re right and he's wrong...one of those hmmmmm moments...

your call...

heading back, this caught my eye

why not...everyone else wants a piece of the road...unf#ckingbelievable...I tell ya...ya can’t make this sh*t up…..

good day...good ride...even got home in time to get a little done around the house...make that very little...then again anything is better than nothing...beginning to sound like my sex life...I didn’t say that.

Rain tomorrow...have a good weekend all.

·
Super Moderator
58,698 Posts
Don't tell him that. He'll think he's doing good :p

·
Super Moderator
21,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
not a do-gooder..more a pot stirrer. Wheres all the woman? Haven't pissed any of them off lately...must be slipping.

·
Super Moderator
58,698 Posts
you, a pot stirrer, naaaa, you're a great guy, I don't care what Barb says about you :p

·
Super Moderator
21,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
think he's trying to get me to let my guard down so he can steal my secret stash of shoo fly pies.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Morning Dennis :)
I was in the kitchen baking yesterday :p

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
It's a cake for my mother in law, but next time I make brownies ;)

Reactions: beezer

·
Super Moderator
21,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
have a nice day Robyn...hope your kids appreciate the loving person you are.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Thanks Dennis :) My kid has yet to recognize it's Mother's Day :( It's not like it comes around every year or anything :roll:

·
Super Moderator
21,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
boy or girl...if its a boy...probably thinks it still Saturday,,,presently leaving himself a reminder to call you tomorrow to tell you he didn't forget...

if its a girl...I'll give her the benefit of the doubt...probably preoccupied with some unnecessary male related b.s. and hopefully doesn't do something that will have her spending the night in jail...

either way...I'm going to gamble a call will come.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
It's a boy, 36. He's always been this way. If it's not important to him, it's not important. So Dave sends him reminders that Mother's Day, birthday etc is coming up, to no avail. I almost fell down when he called on my birthday :eek:
But thank Dennis. I'm sure you treated Barb like a queen yesterday. Probably left the dishes for her to do today but ...:biglaugh:

·
Super Moderator
21,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
one day hopefully he'll get it...hope you had a nice day regardless. Barb was in NY yesterday, she's been there for going on 3 weeks, taking care of her father. My daughter Jen drove from Philly to spend the day with her. My son in San Diego did call her so all in all it was a nice day for her. And the cherry on the sundae was not having to be subjected to any mental abuse being around me...so I guess it was a good day overall.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts