Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Day off...wife in NY... again...so what better way to stay out of trouble than to go for a ride...grab a coffee to go, grab the camera, top off the tank and away we go.

Hi 60’s, low 70’s, cloudy, who cares...Initial thought is to head to the RI shoreline but 10 minutes into the journey decide the rope a dope, a series of rights and lefts that lead to wherever...will be the theme of the day.

First unusal sight worth stopping for

always amazes me ideas people come up with to decorate their yards...got a few balls in the cellar collecting dust...wonder if they’d notice if I added mine to the pile.

Find myself cruising the farm country and while its not uncommon to pass chicken farms, turkey farms, horse farms, etc...for some reason I can’t figure...these farms are becoming more popular in this part of Ct…

remember a few years back I was cruising some quiet back country road and I came upon a woman walking her llama on a leash along the road the way one would walk their dog...always regretted not having my camera to get that pic…

moving on, came across a farm equiptment dealer...think you know your farm equiptment...lets see…

no 1

no 2

if you actually know what either one is or what they are used for...needless to say, you have less of a life than I do…

I get the feeling tho, this will somehow work its way into tonites dream...and not with a good ending…

final pic of the day worth stopping for

still trying to figure out why it was worth stopping for.

All in all...a good day...even The ZeussDude was considerate enough to hold off a brief rain shower till I hit the driveway...that kind of day.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
If you don't see something new on every ride, you haven't ridden far enough.

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
Number one is a round bale wrapper for hay. Number 2 is a rotary hay rake.

Yeah - for some of us we're sitting here on the west coast where it's supposed to be 11:00 for normal people but these whackadoodles are three hours behind the normal people so it's only 8:00

What better way to kill time than read your post and look up meaningless trivia. That's 2 minutes of my life I won't get back.

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
Thanks - cant wait to get back home.

·
Registered
19,724 Posts
Like the title says, following Dennis on one of his rides makes my go hmmmmmm. You'd think he would have an idea of where he's going, but after the 2nd or 3rd oops wrong turn and a few u turns to go back, always seems strange. I'm always going hmmmm with him.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
With Dennis there are no wrong turns, every turn is a new adventure, makes it kinda fun.

That's why it takes him 4 hours to get a gallon of milk at the corner store.

I always pack my passport when Dennis is leading the ride ...... just in case. :)

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Number one is a Kuhn round bale hay roller, number 2 is a hay rake.

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
We, hubby & I were coming back from dinner & I made a turn too early. It was going in the right direction, so I went with it (didn't have him yelling in my ear "this isn't the right road !) Turned out to be a more pleasant calm road anyway....and we made it home before dark :D

·
Super Moderator
19,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
since I created this what is it?the least I can do is offer my guesses...

no 1...seeing that its in orange & black...put a HD insignia on it and wait for some HD owner to come by and buy it...of course throw in a gallon of oil and an oil drip pan to close the deal...should go fast. BTW...now that it has a HD label on it, you can expect to pay 30% more.

no 2... only thing I can think is I wouldn't want to be in anything inflatable if I was near it. My luck, if I was near it, the end result would be

think its time to go for a ride.

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
Morning Dennis :)
Best part was I didn't almost get killed. Happening a lot down here :(
BTW, I liked the cows under the shelter, it seemed meant for them.
Have a great day !

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
As mentioned.........the orange "creature" is a round bail wrapper and the green ones are "tedders" for un-raking hay so that it can dry better. Anyone from farm country should have seen those in operation.

There are not many of either where I currently live......to warm in the summer to require a tedder and to dry for making hay (prairie is good graze but doesn't grow good hay).

·
Super Moderator
56,262 Posts
You can rearrange those letters to cursing. (which you're probably doing right about now)

Things that make you go hmmmmm.........:D

·
Registered
19,724 Posts
We all expect a slip from him and usually just let it slide. After all, how much can you expect from a chimp? 🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌

·
Super Moderator
19,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very first thing I noticed was you misspelled the very first word in the title. :surprise:
didn't know you could read...always thought you just looked at the pictures...learn something new everyday. Have a good weekend Beez. Hows Belinda doing?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts