Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
... good article ... thanks for posting the link ...

... that is one big bike ... whew ...

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the road we were suppose to ride this past Sunday too. Unfortunately we never got to it but came close.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
They gave it very high marks!

Thanks for sharing that one. I'm gonna stop by my local dealer tomorrow and see if they have one.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I found it interesting that the author mentioned a gripe I had with my C50T - the fact that my size "baker's dozen" boots wouldn't fit well between the heel and toe shifters. I would unintentionally bump the shifter up a gear with my heel.

That was one thing I was looking at when I was considering the Nomad, and their shift levers are a little more spread out and so far, it hasn't been an issue.

A minor thing, but those Japanese engineers need to think of Americans with big feet.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
CJ, I just adjusted the heel shifter to be situated BELOW the floorboard and never use it - simple fix. I'm not that hot on heel shifting, everything I ever rode on two wheels had toe shifting only.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
My oldest son has a Kaw 2000, and I would never buy a 109 of any kind for the same money.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
cactusjack said:
I found it interesting that the author mentioned a gripe I had with my C50T - the fact that my size "baker's dozen" boots wouldn't fit well between the heel and toe shifters. I would unintentionally bump the shifter up a gear with my heel.

That was one thing I was looking at when I was considering the Nomad, and their shift levers are a little more spread out and so far, it hasn't been an issue.

A minor thing, but those Japanese engineers need to think of Americans with big feet.
That is one cool thing about the shifter on my Road Star. The heel part is sort of small, and almost like a half spoon. I never have an issue finding it, and it is out of the way.

I know that doesn't mean much to some here, but I think it is a nice touch.

With my siae 12's, that was a factor during my test ride!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
moenko said:
CJ, I just adjusted the heel shifter to be situated BELOW the floorboard and never use it - simple fix. I'm not that hot on heel shifting, everything I ever rode on two wheels had toe shifting only.
I liked the heel shifter, I just wish they'd taken bigger feet into account. Not a problem anymore, though.

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
is this a typo?:
"The powerband is broad, good enough for between 50 to 55 mph in first gear..." :shock:

seems contradictory to this, which sounds almost like it would be ready for a dj mod, doesn't it?:
"it would have been easy for Suzuki to adopt the engine established in its popular M109R power cruiser. But it was looking for a little more pop down low. To achieve its goal, it altered its crankshaft for a claimed 15% increase in crank inertia that boosts power low in the rpm range."

:)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
So, it is a thing I have to think ...
I can consider between Kawi 2000 and this C109. Definitely the desing of C109 is better. I also like shaft (somebody does not). Ok, let collect money :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts