Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Recently sold my 94 Harley Sportster 883, and bought an 08 Boulevard C50. Best part is, I almost broke even on the deal, and I won't have oil stains in the driveway, I can get rid of the starting fluid and I don't have to remember to turn the fuel selector on and off! I loved that bike but it was becoming to be more of a headache then it was worth. I got a steal on the C50, and the stability and comfort are like night and day. I look forward to contributing and learning in the forum,

Thanks,
Tortoise

·
Registered
238 Posts
welcome from S.C hope ya enjoy ya new scoot know you will enjoy the forms =)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Crazy how much traffic goes through these boards! I was just looking at some threads and BAM, there you guys are. feels great to be welcomed so kindly. I have to get some pics of the bike to post, I have only had it a few days and already put 225 miles on it (200 of them in the never ending Michigan winter weather) Ride safe and keep those knees in the breeze

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome from Chicago. . . you're almost in the neighborhood. I'm lakeside, so I experience some of the same weather. Still snow pooled around my ride.
Cheers!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome fellow Michigan rider, where the roads are bad and the riders are very nervous.
Michigan has been bestowed the dubious honor of been rated last in the country for road surface quality again this year.
Stay safe dodging the moon craters.
Do you live in the south east part of the state?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Welcome from Massachusetts. Enjoy the ride

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome! I just had a very similar trade. 95 for an 06. Just can't seem to get out to ride! Driving me insane. How bout that front tire patch? From a 90 to a 130, hell yeah.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
claywheels- yes I am in southeast Michigan, St. Clair Shores area.

Veggeh- What a difference that front tire makes. I used to cringe when I would near bumps or anything on the sporty, now I just barrel on over with no bouncing or anything.

·
Registered
19,518 Posts
Hello
Recently sold my 94 Harley Sportster 883, and bought an 08 Boulevard C50. Best part is, I almost broke even on the deal, and I won't have oil stains in the driveway, I can get rid of the starting fluid and I don't have to remember to turn the fuel selector on and off! I loved that bike but it was becoming to be more of a headache then it was worth. I got a steal on the C50, and the stability and comfort are like night and day. I look forward to contributing and learning in the forum,

Thanks,
Tortoise
Funny. I had a '91 883 and I had pretty much the same ownership experience you had.... I don't miss the hard starting, the constant vibrations, or the leaking rear cylinder that forced me to park it on a giant piece of cardboard. My C50 felt like a couch by comparison!!! Welcome to the Light Side... :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome from Fayetteville, NC. I laughed at your comments about the HD. I got a stern talking-to when I mentioned Harleys marking their spot and my Jap bikes not marking theirs. I only own Jap bikes at the moment and I have a clean garage floor!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts