Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of OEM crash bars from bagger Volusia.
Had to figure a way to mount them with my forward controls in the way.
Figured if I was going to make them , might as well be
out of stainless. This is what I came up with. Seems good and solid. IMG_20140206_103217_983.jpg

IMG_20140207_162247_887.jpg

·
Registered
795 Posts
Looks awesome, you should consider marketing your stainless steel adapter.
Very nice work

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks y'all, it worked out pretty good.
I guess the same mount might fit a few brands? I'm sure I could change up the bar mount side of the adapter to fit something different. I wouldn't mind trying to make a few, as long as it don't cut into my ridin time. PM me. I'll try to help!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, just roughed them in on a manual mill
and used a grinder and belt sander to finish them up. Seemed easier that way just making one pair. If I was making several, I'd program the CNC mill to profile it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Thanks y'all, it worked out pretty good.
I guess the same mount might fit a few brands? I'm sure I could change up the bar mount side of the adapter to fit something different. I wouldn't mind trying to make a few, as long as it don't cut into my ridin time. PM me. I'll try to help!

That's what I was thinking, a couple beta testers and you would have a marketable product.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Looks awesome Okie!!! The guy who was marketing the adapters to work with my Forward Control Kit (Bud Smalley) notified me he will no longer be making them so this could be an opportunity for you if you decide to make some more. The volume may not be much but you never know. Keep me posted if you decide to make any more and I may be able to send some business your way.

Thanks

·
Registered
795 Posts
John we previously communicated via email on November 20th of last year about putting your Forward controls on my 06 C 50 with MC enterprises highway bars , I chose to postpone ordering the forward controls from you while trying to determine if there are going to be interference problems?

The guy who made the adapters didn't make them for the MC enterprises highway bars, I'm not sure if adapters are needed for this application or whether there is enough clearance?

Part #1000-24

Does anybody know for sure if adapters are going to be needed for my preferred choice of forward controls and highway bars? If adapters are needed then I would be willing to be a beta tester.

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
This is about the best picture I could find of the forward kit for the crash bars. I believe this kit is made by "Bud Smalley".
I had to have it to get clearance for the brake pedal and my foot. It is very well made.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts