Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't like these, but they are a reminder to be smart and aware when riding - The police estimated his speed at 100 mph - not a lot of reaction time at that speed when someone pulls in front of you, but this could have also happened if he was going 50 mph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y965HcoUULQ

·
Super Moderator
34,433 Posts
50 and he'd still be alive today. Head on a swivel people, and keep the speed low enough that you've got time to react when something goes wrong.

·
Super Moderator
26,142 Posts
last weekend...Ct's only holiday weekend fatality involved 2 riders on their crotch rockets...involved in an area right up the road from me...2 lane highway that gives more than enough warning that you're approaching a busy area...speed limits dropped from 50 to 35 and abvious riders from RI not familiar withh area. Riding at a high rate of speed...and get this part...side by side...came over a ridge and sure enough there were a line of cars waiting at a red light. Both riders headed off in different direction to avoid plowing into the cars...lost control...thrown from bikes...1 died..the other a mess but alive...young kids...no...43 and 37.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I just got news my 54 year old cousin (rider) has Stage 3 Pancreatic Cancer - has 2-3 months to live without chemo, and MAYBE one year with chemo. Of course, doctors don't have the magic number - they don't know for sure. And here we are, riding our bikes just as fast as we please ... and we expect "the other guys" will keep their vehicles out of harm's way.

Please - let's ride our bikes so that we can live to see another day. Yes, it's fun to ride. I love it. But I don't have to ride 100 mph.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.