Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know there are a lot of tinkeres out there and since I upgraded my multimeter to a way more expensive unit, this one is on the auction block to benefit our friend Fletch.

The Sears Multimeter has all the functions a beginner and intermediate will ever need. These include

• - AC/DC Voltage meaurements
    - DC Amperage Measurement (very important when adding on accessories to see how much "juice" they are drawing). Measures up to 10 Amperes !!!!
    - Resistance / Continuity test / Diode test

All you need right there. While used, it's basically scratchless and works like a charm. A 9-Volt battery is installed, so this is ready to go. Of course I will help the winner to explain how to measure certain things if they are unfamiliar with one of these.

Picture below. I will ship USPS which will run about $5 (more to Canada depending on the service chosen), which will be in addition to your bid. Starting bid is USD 5.00.

Please bid in 50 cent or 1 Dollar increments, no penny nonsense!!

AUCTION WILL END at MIDNIGHT Sunday/Monday May 11/12, last post before deadline takes the meter. Good luck and thank you again for supporting our efforts to help one of our finest here on the board. Moe

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks for starting it off, Queenie :wink:

·
Registered
53 Posts
$7. Do you have the manual?

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I do not have the manual for this particular unit, but the manuals are very universal anyway and I will find a link to one that describes how to use mulitmeters. Even my brand new one came only with a little booklet describing the functions and where to place the test probes very vaguely. Best is to get a little book from Amazon descibing how to use a multimeter, but it's very straight forward and like I said, I am happy to answer any questions in detail that one might have.

Thanks for the interest, I'll be back with the link to a manual. In the meantime, HERE is a general tutorial.

UPDATE: Have downloaded the manual for a very similar Craftsman unit that covers all the bases. It's in .pdf format, if interested, please PM me. Thanks - Moe

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
$11.00

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great going .... :applause:

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Morning bump

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, the winning bidder is WANGO at USD 20.00.

PM sent with payment instructions.

Thanks Wango!!!

Carsten

·
Premium Member
16,535 Posts
I want to thank everyone who participated in this auction, especially my friend Carsten for his generous donation and Wango for his generous bid.
I truly appreciate your generosity.

Rick

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Coming from the heart, Rick! Just please take those 20 bucks and buy some nice Beer Brats and Potato Salad to feed the family some good German food :lol:

Cheers,
Carsten

·
Premium Member
16,535 Posts
moenko said:
Coming from the heart, Rick! Just please take those 20 bucks and buy some nice Beer Brats and Potato Salad to feed the family some good German food :lol:

Cheers,
Carsten
How about boiled crawfish and boudin (cajun sausage) :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts