Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FlyingJLady and I have been adding more high mileage rides to our days as we prepare to head out to Ronnie's Reno Rally. Saturday I had to make an awards presentation to some bulls-eye pistol shooters as part of my role as the Conventional Pistol Chairman for the Washington State Rifle and Pistol Association. This involved a 50 mile ride to Bremerton from southeast of Tacoma.

Afterward we continued north to the Hood Canal floating bridge and west to highway 101. South to Olympia and stopping at Lakewood Motorsports, a Tacoma Triumph dealership owned by friends. Their "open house/bar-b-que" was in full swing.

The weather was great! The traffic all seemed to going in the opposite direction, including a huge group of riders mostly on hARLEYS. We encountered them in Bremerton and again, strung out from Brinnon down to Hoodsport. We stopped at the Hoodsport Winery for a taste and purchased 2 bottles for future consumption.

Gas ran ~$3.80 and we refueled once. I averaged my typical 48 and FJL beat me with a whopping 60! Not too bad for a 96HP, 130mph sport tourer.

Total mileage was 212, about half of what we'll be riding on the return leg from RoReRa. We have planned a longer ride in May...over 300 miles. I'll advise on VR when we plan, in case anyone would like to join in or ride part of the loop.
~FF~

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
Sound like fun!

I super-slabbed to Bellevue for a PGR mission yesterday. Logged about 350 miles myself at an average 45 MPG running 80MPH indicated for 2/3 of it.

It was too late for me to hook up with Julie at the show so I just motored on back to Ridgefield.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
OTG said:
Sound like fun!

I super-slabbed to Bellevue for a PGR mission yesterday. Logged about 350 miles myself at an average 45 MPG running 80MPH indicated for 2/3 of it.

It was too late for me to hook up with Julie at the show so I just motored on back to Ridgefield.
Awe yea...... I did all my motherly crap and at 1pm I was finally free.. got on the bike and left.. ran down to the TDaome for the Show, was there a couple hours then on the road just cruising around. Hit crazy Larry's (behind the B & I) after I ended up behind a Red/White C50T (a gent from Mossyrock)... did my VR sell and got back on the bike for a bit more... then home to take care of dinner.. and back to motherly crap again.. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts