Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dad has been fighting with cancer for over about two years now. It started with blood in his urine that no one could figure out. After exploratory surgery they found out that one of his kidneys was eat up with it. They removed the kidney and have him chemo and radiation.

Unfortunately it spread and he developed a tumor in his stomach that crimped off his intestines so his stomach couldn't empty. They went in and all they did was move his intestines around it. At that point, I knew it was pretty much the beginning of the end.

He's been trying to keep moving as much as possible, but he's lost strength and can't breath, so he's been on oxygen.

My mom just messaged me and let me know that they saw the hospice nurse and he asked how much longer she thought he had. Her answer was maybe a week based on what she was seeing.

At this point, I think we could use some prayers for him. Not for a miracle or healing, I know that isn't happening, but for an end to his pain and the strength to accept it.

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
You got it Bro. Prayers sent.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Your father got our prayers but so do you and the family. God's Blessings to all.

·
Administrator
51,667 Posts
Prayers for You, the family, and for Dad.

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
Prayers sent

·
Super Moderator
23,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He's going down fast. I was at their house weekend before last and he was rough, but he got up and managed to make it from the living room to the bedroom because we were talking and he couldn't hear his show. Today I had to lift him out of the bed onto a rolling chair to get him to the bathroom. He couldn't even lift his leg to cross it over the other.

I'm starting to think I'm going to have to move in with them for a while to help my mother. We're definitely nearing the end now.

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts