Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys are killing me...
$1000.00 for a dual touring saddle, chrome rail, and a backrest.
ordered in february, got an e-mail confirming with a 3 to 4 week production time.
Checked status on 30th of march, got an e-mail back two days later saying it was in production march 6th or so and would go out no later than april 5th.
Here it is April 20th, still no seat. no shipping confirmation, and have requested and updated status twice, once on 14th once on 16th of April. to two different people. As of now, still not a word back from them.
These guys really need to work on customer service, especially when you drop that much money on their product.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Man that's a real pain.

Sure is a big headache to have to stay on a web order like that.
Money disappears and you have no product, that kind of deal can sure sour business.

Hope they're on the front porch in the morning.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
your definitely making me rethink getting a rumble for my VTX... :cry:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
thats mostly what I hear about corbin. The "store" in Ormond Beach is basciy a an box for making orders. They have to send it back to the factory and you wait 4-6 weeks . Scrdvr and I went there and that is what we were told.

·
Administrator
53,871 Posts
Think that I'd touch base (via telephone) with their customer service dept, and request some compensation for the inconvenience. If they refuse, I believe that I'd cancel the order and dispute their CC charges due to lack of product/poor service. :wink:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
ASK to speak to Mike Corbin.. or a supervisor... I had lots of grief getting my custom rumble seat, but once I quit talking to the "staff" I got better service...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
talked to corbin today, they found the order, even they couldn't believe that it was from february, saddle is still in thier factory somewhere ....They said they'd call back let me know what was goin on tomorrow...
that was my nice call, when they don;t follow up... then we get nasty.. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
What ever happened with your corbin order? I broke down and ordered my corbin rumble seat for the VTX... I couldn't find a used one so I finally said screw it... I should thank Prez Bush... it cost $609 ;)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
homless said:
What ever happened with your corbin order? I broke down and ordered my corbin rumble seat for the VTX... I couldn't find a used one so I finally said screw it... I should thank Prez Bush... it cost $609 ;)
when I ordered mine new I ordered it thru extreme did you do the same?

Thread color, seat color. trim color, vinyl color.. etc.. Hey glad you will still be a rumble baby! ":)

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
aVOL2 said:
homless said:

Thread color, seat color. trim color, vinyl color.. etc.. Hey glad you will still be a rumble baby! ":)
I ordered honda's oem windshield and bags from xtreme's honda store, I asked about corbin and the guy thought they sold corbin, but then couldn't come up with anything for me... so I am ordering direct from corbin... did you pay corbin's retail price by going through extreme?!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
homless said:
aVOL2 said:
homless said:

I ordered honda's oem windshield and bags from xtreme's honda store, I asked about corbin and the guy thought they sold corbin, but then couldn't come up with anything for me... so I am ordering direct from corbin... did you pay corbin's retail price by going through extreme?!
no I didnt... baxk then the rumble list was about 900 I think I paid 5 or there abouts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry guys been awhile..
So a lady got back to me the next day about the seat... I couldn't answer so they left a message..
Message as follows:
"Hi Brett, this is ^^^^^^ from corbin. I just wanted to let you know I taled to some guys in production, and your seat is now scheduled to ship at the end of this week."

No news about what happened etc. but I said what the hell, at least I know it's comming. That was a Monday-tuesday, should have shipped out Friday..

The kicker is, that was TWO FRIDAYS AGO. and STILL NO SEAT!!!!!
I'm really starting to love this. I;m giving it another day or two for slow shipping,(yeah right) then another call will be made.. I will keep you guys posted...

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
Screw corbin. Sorry but my dealing with them was crap as well. To boot, they dropped the prices 1 day after we ORDERED a seat and would not refund any $$$$$.

Their quality has gone WAY down hill over the past 5 years and their customer service is a joke. Talking to a superviser does NOTHING. The pillion seat that we bought is so uncomfortable it's laughable. Yes there is a break in period but shortly after getting my seat I read some reports (forums) that corbin has 2 diff production locations. One is up to par and the seats they turn out are great. The second shop is HORRIBLE. A large percentage of seats are sent back there because they are way too firm.

I'll never buy another corbin.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
OH!

btw....if you are dropping $1000 on a seat it might be worth looking into the russle day long seats. You send them your pan and they build it to your weight and size. THEY ARE AWESOME! Much nicer then the corbins or mustangs. (although mustangs are stellar for the price.)

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
Agree!! The Russel seats are way cool. I got to sit on one last summer. Really nice seat.
Toe Knee said:
OH!

btw....if you are dropping $1000 on a seat it might be worth looking into the russle day long seats. You send them your pan and they build it to your weight and size. THEY ARE AWESOME! Much nicer then the corbins or mustangs. (although mustangs are stellar for the price.)

·
Registered
851 Posts
lithixx said:
Sorry guys been awhile..
So a lady got back to me the next day about the seat... I couldn't answer so they left a message..
Message as follows:
"Hi Brett, this is ^^^^^^ from corbin. I just wanted to let you know I taled to some guys in production, and your seat is now scheduled to ship at the end of this week."

No news about what happened etc. but I said what the hell, at least I know it's comming. That was a Monday-tuesday, should have shipped out Friday..

The kicker is, that was TWO FRIDAYS AGO. and STILL NO SEAT!!!!!
I'm really starting to love this. I;m giving it another day or two for slow shipping,(yeah right) then another call will be made.. I will keep you guys posted...
I've never ordered from them, they're too rich for my blood. But from what you've posted it looks like they misplaced your order before the seat was made or they misplaced your seat after it was made. If either of those happened it sounds like their fault. I'm sorry but at the very least they could've at least told you they'd ship it next day FedEx, UPS or whoever they use.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Had one on my M50, Hard as a rock. Would never buy one again. Have a Mustang on my LC and love it so does my wife.

The Honda VTX I just bought might have a mustang seat soon too.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts