Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Intruder VL800, While riding yesterday the bike started spitting and sputtering and then shut off. After several try's at restarting, I noticed A possible coolant leak on the underside of the motorcycle. I had it trailered back home and I haven't had a chance yet to look at it.
I was wondering if there is a built in safety that will not allow you to start it if the coolant is low? Hoping to get into it more this evening after work.
Thanks and any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
22,942 Posts
sorry to hear about your trouble...hang in there...someone usually comes around knowledgeable about these things and can offer some insight or help. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
14,494 Posts
Nothing I know of related to coolant level. But you may want to check/clean the kickstand safety switch, they have had some issues on these bikes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing I know of related to coolant level. But you may want to check/clean the kickstand safety switch, they have had some issues on these bikes.
The whole underside of the bike was covered with coolant, the kickstand safety switch May need to be cleaned.
Thanks! I'll check it out, :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts