Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was stressing where to put the stebel horn on my M... Mines a plain black one so it looked kinda plain hanging on the side. So I came up with this new hidden place...
I have a shapemaster radiator chin on the front and the stebel just tucks inside nice n neat!! One bolt goes thru the hole already in the lower radiator mount- no muss no fuss and the chin directs the sound forwards. Its like a **** mack truck... comical to see peoples faces when that sound comes out of a Bike!.
Some cool stuff out there...
Cheers
Dave
Can ya tell i'm havin fun with this??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Thats a great place to tuck it away , good job on the M.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really dont think so . The grill on the spoiler keeps bugs etc off the rad so the horn will be ok. I normally am not out in the rain so hopefully the wet aint getting to it...lol

I was surprised at the mounting....painfully simple and secure
Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
222 Posts
I love my Stebel. Great job on the install.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I know this a real old thread but thought I would post mine as well.

Last year I mounted my Stebel inside the right side cover out of the raid and weather
and its still loud as "Heck" lol.

Thanks to Keith Barrett Schron for the assistance...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,521 Posts
have read mixed reviews on the stebel...if it gets wet, it shorts out...wonder what the experiences here have shown...

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
I was stressing where to put the stebel horn on my M... Mines a plain black one so it looked kinda plain hanging on the side. So I came up with this new hidden place...
I have a shapemaster radiator chin on the front and the stebel just tucks inside nice n neat!! One bolt goes thru the hole already in the lower radiator mount- no muss no fuss and the chin directs the sound forwards. Its like a **** mack truck... comical to see peoples faces when that sound comes out of a Bike!.
Some cool stuff out there...
Cheers
Dave
Can ya tell i'm havin fun with this??

Dave.......when did you get this bike??? I thought you had sold everything and were hanging up the helmet?

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
This is how I mounted mine.
This way I can naturally direct where the sound goes, and in certain cases I can stick my head right in their car window and let them have it!!!!:grin2:

·
Administrator
16,313 Posts
Dave.......when did you get this bike??? I thought you had sold everything and were hanging up the helmet?
2012 thread....look at the original post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts