Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
The C90 drive needs an adapter spacer as the C90 axle bolt is bigger than the C50/M50. Drive can be used as-is once you get the proper length driveshaft.
Buy a new grease seal and circlip to mount the new driveshaft into the drive and a tube of Honda Moly 60 paste to lube up all the splines.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Just an FYI....

I think it is safe to say that Dan Hillis is most likely out of the DJ drive building business for good. It is just a couple days shy of a full year since I sent him my parts / money, haven't seen either item and haven't had a response to any phone calls / emails for the last four months.

I'm marking it up to a lesson learned (the expensive way).

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Wow Really Bad!.. I can do C50 and M50 driveshafts and spacers...
Easy for me- $50 You ship both directions,.
I am in Canada BTW
Cheers

·
Registered
973 Posts
Heya MoDZuKi, I was pondering contacting you to see if you were still making your drives. I'll look around at getting parts again.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
NP.. I still do.. Just getting parts is tough up here..

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is Aric, I used to do the drive conversions. Unfortunately I am no longer doing them, however I have spoke with a guy that used to help me with them and he is willing to take over this process (he is more than capable). I will provide him with the info I have so he can continue to do these for people. Here is his email, please contact him instead of myself for future mods. If I do get emails about the mod I will try to forward them to him as I get time.

Thanks

P.S. Somebody may want to sticky or repost this so it does not get lost in the shuffle.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks for all you've done for us over the years Aric. Everyone commented on how quickly you answered e-mails and easy to work with.

I appreciated the tour of the shop last time I was out there, I'll be out again in August and will try to look you up.

Best regards, thanks again, Russ.

·
Registered
796 Posts
+ 1 on the quick response to emails, please keep your information handy in case the guy you're passing the torch to decides to stop for some reason. There is a very well equipped local machine shop that lengthened my vs 1400 driveshaft and shortened the spacer that is capable but could greatly benefit from the information that you have acquired from the years of experience you've already had.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Russ: Thanks for the words. Look me up when your out this way I am at Legend Suspensions now building Air Ride for bikes. Never know what may come from that

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hey Aric, that is way cool. I'm running Progressive 940's on my Street Glide but I had considered Air Ride, I'll look you up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is anyone still doing the modifications on the drives for the DJ Mod? Considering purchasing a VS1400 drive with shaft but need someone to do the modifications to the drive shaft and whatever else needs to be modified.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts