Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and have a question on fitment of a mount. I wanted to go vertical but Indiana wont cooperate....

Found this on Fleabay: Universal Motorcycle Custom Side Mount LED Brake Light and License Plate Light | eBay

Once you get past the graphics :), in fine print it says under
the Tail Light Fitment section:

"It mounts in place of the outer axle spacer or any other location you wish"

Where exactly would this spacer be on my '08 C50? How would/did you mount this or a similar mount?

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
The first link that GrapeApe posted would work on a C50. But don't mount it to the axle bolt. Mount it to the bigger allen bolt in the fake swing arm. I did this on my bobber with a vertical mount plate and just had to use a step drill bit to enlarge the hole one size and it fit perfect. I then zip tied the wiring to the fake swing arm and done. Took less than 45 minutes.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first link that GrapeApe posted would work on a C50. But don't mount it to the axle bolt. Mount it to the bigger allen bolt in the fake swing arm. I did this on my bobber with a vertical mount plate and just had to use a step drill bit to enlarge the hole one size and it fit perfect. I then zip tied the wiring to the fake swing arm and done. Took less than 45 minutes.

Fake swing arm Allen bolt....? Is that left side, near rear, a stock big black bolt with a flat, round head?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kuryakyn have all the parts you need to mount, as well obviosly, as the side mount plate holder.

I'd go with the Kury cause you know they will have all the pieces you need to mount the plate successfully.

Curved Side Mount License Plate Holders for Metrics | Chrome | Küryakyn
Oh I know that one 10-64. I know about Kury. I like Kury. I am addicted to Kury. It just with the mount plus adapter it's steep $, but you're right they would have it all and make it easy.

·
Registered
93 Posts
side mount

look in my garage pictures, I adapted a Donnie Smith side mount to work - good luck, and post photos when you are done

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If using the top fake swing arm bolt, did you guys do anything special to avoid the possibility that the mount would vibrate a little loose and entire plate to slip? Other than tighten the hell out of it of course?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
If using the top fake swing arm bolt, did you guys do anything special to avoid the possibility that the mount would vibrate a little loose and entire plate to slip? Other than tighten the hell out of it of course?
Just add a little blue locktight to the threads. Worked perfect for me.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. Popped that fake swing arm bolt out today and took dimensions. Also took my license plate off the stock location, and after doing that a change is definitely gonna happen. Too bad Indiana requires horizontal but I just gotta find the right mount and decide whether to go led in frame or on mount. Your suggestions are on my list for sure!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts